By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - October 2013 NPD Thread! 3DS: 452k, 360: 166k

tbone51 said:
the_dengle said:
Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:

Woah Woah there buddy, ps4 most likely be the best selling home console by far but you dont kno if it will outsell 3DS lifetime. Dont make full accusations yet. Last time i checked 3DS is selling 13mil+ per year.

I know that it will sell less than the PS3.

PS3 launch Holiday + first full year combined: 9,194,799
3DS launch year: 13,250,062

PS3 second full year: 10,263,514
3DS first full year: 14,406,901

"So far nothing points to anything that shows that that will happen."

Vita will outsell 3DS (Lawlight Logic)

He never answered my question, he compares BW with XY and not DP so i ask will he compare GTA6 to GTA5 first month sales. No reply still

Yeah, you really shouldn't be talking about not replying.

Around the Network
MikeRox said:
I'm sorry, I didn't realise I'd touch so many nerves.

The 3DS is going to be the most successful thing of all time. I promise I won't fall off the hype train again!

Lol I doubt anybody is mad at u for saying it, just trying to enlighten u that 3DS still has alot going for it in the next 2-3 years.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

MikeRox said:
I'm sorry, I didn't realise I'd touch so many nerves.

The 3DS is going to be the most successful thing of all time. I promise I won't fall off the hype train again!

No need to be silly about it.

But there's no need to be cynical about it, either. I could respond the same way you have and say the 3DS is going to crash and burn immediately upon the start of the new year, dropping to 10 and then 5 mil per year for the next two years until it is discontinued in 2016, never reaching 70 million sales. I promise I won't fall off the doom train again?

I'm not saying it's going to crash and burn. That's the difference. I merely said I didn't see it matching PS3 in lifetime sales. Given PS3 is still selling pretty well and is now beyond 80m, that still bodes well for the 3DS.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Juma009 said:
Overall, Nintendo selling over 620k consoles, cant be a bad month right? some money must have gone to the bank.

Yeah, but no thanks to the Wii U.

Still, far from "Doomed" status

Around the Network
Juma009 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Juma009 said:
Overall, Nintendo selling over 620k consoles, cant be a bad month right? some money must have gone to the bank.

Yeah, but no thanks to the Wii U.

Still, far from "Doomed" status

Nintendo as a whole? Of course not! But the Wii U specifically? I'll just say that's debateable and leave it at that.