By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - October 2013 NPD Thread! 3DS: 452k, 360: 166k

ethomaz said:

the_dengle said:

Not disagreeing with any of your points, but the article says this is the third consecutive month with increased sales?

“This is the third month in a row where overall video game retail sales increased,” NPD analyst Liam Callahan said in a statement.

my bad.

The anticpation for GTA V the month before was too huge that's why the month before GTA released this August was bigger than last August for the US gaming indusrty

Around the Network

Overall, Nintendo selling over 620k consoles, cant be a bad month right? some money must have gone to the bank.

Juma009 said:
Overall, Nintendo selling over 620k consoles, cant be a bad month right? some money must have gone to the bank.

Yeah, but no thanks to the Wii U.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Juma009 said:

Yeah, but no thanks to the Wii U.

Wii U helped a little! Even if it's just an insignificant tiny bit xD.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

tbone51 said:
Boutros said:
tbone51 said:

Hey guys, pokemon isn't overtracked in the US by a million, its over by 600k (still alot). The numbers Boutros posted in the op are NoA number not US
here are US numbers http://www.vgchartz.com/game/71449/pokemon-xy/USA/

1.70mil Is wat pokemon XY sold in US while VGChartz tracked it at 2.28mil not 2.7mil

edit: Also There is a chance Europe is undertracked also Australia sold 100k first 2 days of sales and is listed in other which has 270k tracked here, so Other regions might be way undertracked. Pokemon XY is anywhere between 6mil -7.5mil sold WW including Digital sales

Huh no the numbers in the OP were for US. I don't take VGC NA numbers to compare with NPD US numbers...

It was simply adjusted down since yesterday.

They did it real quick? thats a huge surprise!!! My bad, I thought it would be easy to mix up the two. I mean no Offense to you! You do a good job as always! Srry for doubting you

I still standby as wat i said about Europe+ Other region. I always knew US was overtrackedy by at least 500k!

Well... Carry on then...

It's fine rofl

I don't think VGC has week-by-week NA numbers anymore anyway. It used to be NA but now the rest of NA are lumped into global I think.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:

Woah Woah there buddy, ps4 most likely be the best selling home console by far but you dont kno if it will outsell 3DS lifetime. Dont make full accusations yet. Last time i checked 3DS is selling 13mil+ per year.

I know that it will sell less than the PS3.

PS3 launch Holiday + first full year combined: 9,194,799
3DS launch year: 13,250,062

PS3 second full year: 10,263,514
3DS first full year: 14,406,901

"So far nothing points to anything that shows that that will happen."

the_dengle said:
Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:

Woah Woah there buddy, ps4 most likely be the best selling home console by far but you dont kno if it will outsell 3DS lifetime. Dont make full accusations yet. Last time i checked 3DS is selling 13mil+ per year.

Vita will outsell 3DS (Lawlight Logic)

He never answered my question, he compares BW with XY and not DP so i ask will he compare GTA6 to GTA5 first month sales. No reply still

As bad as Wii U numbers are, I do believe that Nintendo still has a chance to turn things around (not turn around as in obliterating PS4 and Xbone or anything but making the Wii U a profitable platform) but they have to stop messing around and start take things seriously. And for the love of Freya get rid of Reggie. >_> Satoru II FTW!!!

Vita on the other hand is just screwed. While Nintendo dedicates their top devs to Wii U (and hilariously hideous marketing team I might add), Sony just doesn't care about the poor Vita. And no, remote control won't do anything.

Wrong thread

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

the_dengle said:
Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:

That doesn't actually favour the 3DS.

PS3 was rediculously overpriced and severely lacking in software for the first couple of years. Nintendo rectified that in the first year for the 3DS...

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.