By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - October 2013 NPD Thread! 3DS: 452k, 360: 166k

the_dengle said:
Boutros said:
trestres said:
Lol at Nintendo not sharing the WiiU numbers, they must have been catastrophic.

The last paragraphs simply embarrass me. The desperation Nintendo is showing with regards to its home console is alarming.

3DS doing good, Pokemon overtracked by around a million, but if we add all of the Americas that may go down to 800k or so.

That 1.7 million for Pokémon includes digital so we most likely have it overtracked by over one million.

Does it? I don't think they're talking about shipment numbers. "Pokémon X and Pokémon Y were the No. 1 and No. 2 top-selling titles last month, with more than 1.7 million units combined..." The first statement suggests to me that they're using NPD's numbers, not Nintendo's own internal shipment + digital records.

They always did in the last months. It's always retail sold to consumers + digital sales.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
bobgamez said:
3ds and 2ds steam rolling the competition

LOL, yeah take that 8 year old 360 and 7 year old PS3! And Vita (lol). 

The competetion is really weak for the time being. 

Dude when will you ever be satisfied with 3DS numbers? Does it need to sell 1 million for you to be happy?

Nintendo and PC gamer

Pokemon overtracked 1m?! That's a lot!!

Good for you VGC on the 3DS tracking. Pokemon? Eh...less so

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

tbone51 said:
Soundwave said:
benji232 said:
Soundwave said:
bobgamez said:

450k is still an excellent number for the month of October. It also proves that the 2DS is actually helping a lot the 3ds overall sales.

Well yeah. I think this is the peak performance for the system, it's Nintendo basically throwing every possible thing they can to move 3DS -- 3D Pokemon, new model revision, and X/Y bundles too (don't forget those) in the same month. 

The crazy thing is the DS put up numbers like this is just a regular October, lol, it's insane how much harder Nintendo has to work to get similar numbers even for one month. 

there was no bundle in US

Sorry not bundles but X/Y XL color variants. Those seemed to sell out fairly quick, at least in my area. 

Around the Network
pezus said:

Told you Pokemon was way off. 

3DS spot on, though!

I knew that >_<  I said in the 2nd/3rd week most likely overtracked by 400k-600k. But still about 6mil at this time, Europe is probably undertracked though. Australia NPD just announced  it  sold 100k+ First weekend of release.

Sorry, ignore my last post. For some reason i forgot about black friday

Soundwave said:

Well yeah. I think this is the peak performance for the system, it's Nintendo basically throwing every possible thing they can to move 3DS -- 3D Pokemon, new model revision, and X/Y bundles too (don't forget those) in the same month. 

It's natural for hardware sales to peak in a console's third year. That's how it went for the GameCube, the PS2, the GBA, and the Wii. Nintendo could definitely pull something out of their hat for next year, though. Who knows what they have in mind?

Side note, there were no X/Y bundles in the West as far as I'm aware. The X/Y-themed 3DS consoles were released in September, and did not include the games.

osed125 said:

Dude when will you ever be satisfied with 3DS numbers? Does it need to sell 1 million for you to be happy?

Just 1 million? Make it 2 man, there is no such thing as satisfaction when it comes to sales.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Soundwave said:
benji232 said:
Soundwave said:
bobgamez said:

450k is still an excellent number for the month of October. It also proves that the 2DS is actually helping a lot the 3ds overall sales.

The crazy thing is the DS put up numbers like this is just a regular October, lol, it's insane how much harder Nintendo has to work to get similar numbers even for one month. 

I actually think that it is the 2DS that actually boosted NA and European numbers at both 140k and 150k+ respectively and I would not be surprised if we see a huge change in the baseline of NA and European sales for the 3DS-2DS in 2014. I think the new baseline will be 80-100k for both of those territories next year which would be a huge plus for 3ds sales and could actually put 2014 as a whole up YOY once again. 

Just my little prediction :D.

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M