By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - October 2013 NPD Thread! 3DS: 452k, 360: 166k

VGChartz only being 10k off on 3DS HW is quite impressive! Pokémon being 1m overtracked is hilarious.

Around the Network

http://www.vg247.com/2013/11/14/pokemon-x-y-breaks-australian-nintendo-sales-records/

Good 3DS sales. I feel this is the 3DS' sales peak for the generation, this holiday so Nintendo's at least making some hay there.

I'm guessing Wii U sales are not great if Nintendo quietly chose not to mention them in their PR.

3DS overtracked? Hmm, it's still a beast!

Glad that 3ds was pretty much spot on but disappointed Pokemon was nearly 900k over tracked. I knew it was over bit was hoping for 350-400k. Never mind.

Around the Network
ironmanDX said:
3DS overtracked? Hmm, it's still a beast!

Overtracking a device by around 2.5k weekly on a base of 140k is very good in my opinion. :D

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

Lol at Nintendo not sharing the WiiU numbers, they must have been catastrophic.

The last paragraphs simply embarrass me. The desperation Nintendo is showing with regards to its home console is alarming.

3DS doing good, Pokemon overtracked by around a million, but if we add all of the Americas that may go down to 800k or so.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

"Pokémon X and Pokémon Y were the No. 1 and No. 2 top-selling titles last month, with more than 1.7 million units combined"

Sounds like X/Y topped the Individual SKU list, so GTAV

3DS was pretty close, good job. Pokemon is waaaaay overtracked here, combined it sold 1.7 million.

trestres said:
Lol at Nintendo not sharing the WiiU numbers, they must have been catastrophic.

The last paragraphs simply embarrass me. The desperation Nintendo is showing with regards to its home console is alarming.

3DS doing good, Pokemon overtracked by around a million, but if we add all of the Americas that may go down to 800k or so.

That 1.7 million for Pokémon includes digital so we most likely have it overtracked by over one million.