By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Day 1 patch makes COD: Ghosts SP 1080p on PS4 (All Videos Comparisons Are Wrong)

Tagged games:

What I get from this news... the game was being rendered in 1080p internally but for some weird config the output was being downcalled to 720p... so IW just changed the internal config and now the output will be 1080p.

Around the Network

I can't see what "damage" is done if they cannot see the difference. Does this make the game worse in any way, shape or form?

Puppyroach said:
I can't see what "damage" is done if they cannot see the difference. Does this make the game worse in any way, shape or form?

You can't see the difference because there aren't difference right now... both in 720p... after the patch PS4 will be 1080p and Xbone continue 720p... you will see difference.

Reviewers did they job using a downscalled version of the game on PS4.

man this is hilarious.. lol cant wait to see the new comparisons

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

All this misinformation about 720p and 1080p looking exactly alike when there is a clear difference.

Around the Network
Puppyroach said:

Because when this patch will be applied, the difference will be there and will be clearly visible

ethomaz said:

What I get from this news... the game was being rendered in 1080p internally but for some weird config the output was being downcalled to 720p... so IW just changed the internal config and now the output will be 1080p.

No, you're still confused. The game was being rendered internally at 720p and being upscaled to 1080p just like on XBONE. The patch is bumping the internal render to 1080p.

JoeTheBro said:
ethomaz said:

No, you're still confused. The game was being rendered internally at 720p and being upscaled to 1080p just like on XBONE. The patch is bumping the internal render to 1080p.

Yeah, so basically when being recorded/reviewed - they were running the same resolution... after the Day 1 patch, the XboxOne version will be the same, and the PS4 version *should* look cleaner/sharper/better.

Going to be interesting to see a PS4 before and PS4 after video (hope someone makes one of those side by side videos)

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

ethomaz said:
Puppyroach said:

You can't see the difference because there aren't difference right now... both in 720p... after the patch PS4 will be 1080p and Xbone continue 720p... you will see difference.

Reviewers did they job using a downscalled version of the game on PS4.

And my question remains: in what way does this affect the game in terms of it´s quality? It will still remain an average game no matter what resolution it is in, wouldn´t you agree?

ten eighty bliss