By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Day 1 patch makes COD: Ghosts SP 1080p on PS4 (All Videos Comparisons Are Wrong)

Tagged games:

ethomaz said:

Too_Talls said:

The whole game was reviewed sperateley. As for comparing the visuals side by side the game type they used to perform that method was not specified.

Polygon confirmed they just played MP... fact.

Quote in the review were he said that. I read from the part were the actual comparison took place. Which happened to be a update on the page of the initial review. the update took place 11/12/13 in other words yesterday. if at any point earlier in the review they mentioned not playing single player it would be irrelevent as the comparison took place afterwards.

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)

Around the Network

i work in a software company in a team of 40-50 people. i know the whole software deployment and release managment cycle and workflows, because i once was release manager in that project.
and believe me, this is not a small error an average developer would make. managing different development branches and merging the sources correct is so important, a big budget project has at least one, if not 3-4 people that only care about, let's call it the integrity of the code. configuration. daily builds, weekly compiles for the console etc.

i can't imagine they could fail THAT hard without earning some cash under the hand...

must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong

XBone: Dead Rising 3, Ryse

ethomaz said:

Too_Talls said:

The whole game was reviewed sperateley. As for comparing the visuals side by side the game type they used to perform that method was not specified.

Polygon confirmed they just played MP... fact.

Poygons review gives away nearly the entire SP storyline. Pretty wild that they would make that up.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Puppyroach said:
Can any game developer make a proper game anymore? Everything seems to need patching :).

You can thank MS for that. I remember telling everyone back in 2000 that MS entering the console world was a bad idea. By making HDD standard and online connectivity a "must", this was all but inevitable.

Too_Talls said:

Quote in the review were he said that. I read from the part were the actual comparison took place. Which happened to be a update on the page of the initial review. the update took place 11/12/13 in other words yesterday. if at any point earlier in the review they mentioned not playing single player it would be irrelevent as the comparison took place afterwards.

The comparision made between PS4 and Xbone was used only the MP mode.

Around the Network

Oh boy, Activision, what have you done to IW?

And what woanderfull game jornalism we have when they imagine see difference when they were given exactly the same IQ. Were reviwers so afraid of NeoGaf, they had to tell one version was sharper?

Well, @ethomaz, what happened to the "90fps without optimization" running on the PS4?

Do you still have the guts to blame all this mess of "resolutiongate" at the "feable and complex" Xbox One hardware?

ethomaz said:

realgamer said:

I tho you are computer genius I didn't know they can update a game to 1080p with update if that was possible they would done it on Xbox one games

They can't (not in a easy way) without sacrificing in a big way the framerates... you need to read what IW said... it was a output configuration issue... I think the game is rendered in 1080p internally but I can't be wrong.

The PS4 patch will only change a configuration to output in 1080p... no change in the game/code at all.

Here:

Top is 720p native. Bottom is 1080p scaled down to 720p. The aliasing problems in the first image are not in the second. If COD was 1080p on PS4 but being shown at 720p, it would be very easy to tell.

CDiablo said:

Poygons review gives away nearly the entire SP storyline. Pretty wild that they would make that up.

The reviews was did a week a go then they played the SP version in a any of the plataforms (that time the Xbone and PS4 version was not released yet).

The updated added yesterday comparing the Xbone and PS4 version was just about MP.

crissindahouse said:
Madword said:

There was a colouring issue on the XBOXOne - which I believe was another mistake where someone *switched* on a colourblind feature, so they did look different in terms of colourisation, and that can make things look better or worse. For example the PS4 version under water looked more realisitic because of the colours.

Other than that I agree they didnt look any different. which was confusing the hell out of me where a game with a higher resolution looked basically the same. At least its fixed now and we can get some real videos, unfortunately it wont happen until the game is actually released... which is very fortunate if there are big differences in quality.

yeah i saw the video with the different colour but i really only mean those people who said that they see the 1080p easily in the videos and that this makes the difference. 

this is also a very good news, that only means that it will look better in reality but it shows how some people on the interent are. 

btw i only watched the videos in 480p because of my bad internet. and if the ps4 stuff was 1080p and eurogamer is wrong i apologize to those which i laugh about

Well i cannot be sure about the colour issues, i read it on the internet ... so  :)

To be honest I didnt notice much difference in BF4, but I think with companies working on 6 versions in one go, poor video compression, issues with capture (like the EG BF4 capture)...the whole Sessler outrage at getting no console before launch...annoyed gamer getting on his soap box and complaining about complainers... gamers are not really getting their monies worth right now with gaming websites/gaming journos etc.

That's why i cannot wait for both consoles to launch and we can get back to games being properly launched with enough time to make them right. Then we can see who holds the best gaming chips.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

ethomaz said:

Too_Talls said:

The comparision made between PS4 and Xbone was used only the MP mode.

Fair enough,Though without that twitter post made about an hour ago, the people bashing polygon would have had no reason to think it was a multipayer comparison.

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)