By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Day 1 patch makes COD: Ghosts SP 1080p on PS4 (All Videos Comparisons Are Wrong)

Tagged games:

JoeTheBro said:

No, you're still confused. The game was being rendered internally at 720p and being upscaled to 1080p just like on XBONE. The patch is bumping the internal render to 1080p.

Well DF says only "output" issues... not render.

"The patch makes the campaign output at a native 1080p resolution. Without it, the campaign outputs at 720p."

So I guessed the game is renedered in 1080p internally because the framrate issues.

Around the Network

Puppyroach said:

And my question remains: in what way does this affect the game in terms of it´s quality? It will still remain an average game no matter what resolution it is in, wouldn´t you agree?

I enjoy CoD... it is far better than BF for example... so I don't get you average game... it is a game that I will buy.

ethomaz said:

JoeTheBro said:

No, you're still confused. The game was being rendered internally at 720p and being upscaled to 1080p just like on XBONE. The patch is bumping the internal render to 1080p.

Well DF says only "output" issues... not render.

"The patch makes the campaign output at a native 1080p resolution. Without it, the campaign outputs at 720p."

So I guessed the game is renedered in 1080p internally because the framrate issues.

If that was the case, it would still be really easy to tell since the game would have super sampling. It doesn't, which means in all the footage we've seen it's a 720p render.

So if it had framerate issues at 720p... does that mean MORE framerate issues?

JoeTheBro said:

If that was the case, it would still be really easy to tell since the game would have super sampling. It doesn't, which means in all the footage we've seen it's a 720p render.

I don't know... you can be right.

Around the Network

What a mess. I still not believe it was not on purpose.

Whatever the purpose.

jk from GAF.

IW: "Hey bro's, lets have all the review copies for both systems run at 720p so that there is dat balance... after the reviews come out we can patch in 1080p for the PS4 and just say it was a configuration issue"
MS: "No doubt yo!"

jlmurph2 said:
So if it had framerate issues at 720p... does that mean MORE framerate issues?

No.

They already told Jeff Gertsmann that this patch will also solve the framerate hiccups on PS4.

that let thousands of "you clearly see the 1080p advantage of the ps4 version" comments sound pretty funny.

globalisateur said:
What a mess. I still not believe it was not on purpose.

Whatever the purpose.

Well it's...strange isn't it...