By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Finally Remembers How To Market To Families!

leedlelee said:
DélioPT said:
leedlelee said:
DélioPT said:
What Wii U games have been shown?

Every fourth commercial on ABC family is for Super Mario 3D World...

That's only a slight exaggeration...

The ad in the OP has been aired at least five or six times today...

And there's a Lets Dance 2014 commercial that's getting played relatively regularly...

Thanks for sharing!

You're welcome...

My one concern is that they show the NSMBU and NSL bundle after advertising SM3DW...

Some consumers may think that SM3DW comes bundled with the system...

I wouldn`t be concerned. The bundles clearly shows that both products are not bundled.
My fear is too much Mario!

Around the Network

Here's this year's 3DS holiday commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nORgM4lpslk

They sure are pushing hard for the kids market now, I think Nintendo fears the impact of smart devices on the kids market more than anything else.

"But we already have a Wiii"

"WII U IS A TOTAL UPGRADE, BROTHER"

Finally they show the difference between Wii and Wii U! And the commercial is pretty funny too! :D
And people said Nintendo doesn`t know how to do commercials...

Americans don't know the difference between Wii and Wii U?

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

the advert was good and colorful but to ask people to upgrade in a tv add is desperate imo and spoilt it

the Wiiu should be advertised for what it is, i watched the start of an old E3 where reggie talks about the Wiiu and what the word for "U" meant, we want to see advert for the "U" crown and not just the "Wii" crowd

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

joora said:

Bloody hell hahahhaha shows you where the Wii U is at. The 3DS caused no where near as much confusion.

Btw, zelda commercial is waaaaay better than 3D World. I get why they're doing that though, they need to highlight that Wii U is not the Wii.

3DS commercial is way better btw, it's a good family commercial. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nORgM4lpslk&feature=share&list=TLFpClwLo2oC1ONJayfZYmiTlire0Gtwwc

Wii U now bundled with hot buttered popcorn -- what a deal!

joora said:

It pains me to say it, but that wasn't an entirely convincing explanation IMO. Don't mean to sound like a cynic, but I can see this just as easily backfiring.