By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone Shadow Fall metacritic FLOP CONFIRMED: 73 on 17 reviews

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Around the Network

Goatseye said:

A fighter, platformers and a Racing game.

Sounds to me like X1.

I'd say X1 is clearly doomed! But Toy Commander wasn't a platformer, it was like... the most amazing game ever! It was actually a "Toy Sim" where you played the role of various vehicular toys. If any console had Toy Commander 2, I'd buy it day 1 without hesitation... even if that was the only game on the system!

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Lawlight said:
Ronster316 said:
Good job for sony that these reviews came out only a mere 48 hours before the release of the ps4.

Otherwise there could have been a fair few pre-order cancellations.

The game isn't releasing until more than 2 weeks in PAL region. Now what?

Well clearly all PAL pre orders are now going to be cancelled an PS4 is doomed!

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Killzone SF is just Killzone with 1080p60FPS.

That's all.

Launch games getting lower than expected scores doesn't surprise me. Usually they're either rushed or ported up and not fully optimized to the new hardware. There are exceptions, of course.

Around the Network

7+/10 is a flop? is that not certainly above average? and that includes the obvious bias polygon. its a internet forums flop you mean

Just based on reading these reviews (never played the game nor really care to) I gotta wonder at their rating systems. Something just seems off and Im not sure what it is.

Take the IGN review, they sure make it sound better than the score they gave. I wonder if this is a new trend in scoring maybe? We will find out soon!

Ronster316 said:
Lawlight said:
Ronster316 said:
Good job for sony that these reviews came out only a mere 48 hours before the release of the ps4.

Otherwise there could have been a fair few pre-order cancellations.

The game isn't releasing until more than 2 weeks in PAL region. Now what?

Now nothing............  folks are lumbered with their ps4's, it's too late for people to cancel their pre-orders, they are all shipping/arriving as we speak.

No, not in PAL. They can still cancel their KZ:SF preorders and get something else.

BHR-3 said:
terrible reviews

i cant see the franchise continue past PS4(which im not sad about) its a launch title just like motorstorm and resistance where are they now?

I disagree. Killzone SF will still sell a few million units.  Sony and MS generally doesn't quit on IPs that sell that well.

None of the Motorstorm games sold great. The first did high numbers because of bundles.

Resistance 3 had modest sales, but I wouldn't be surprised if Sony tried to bring that series back eventually.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Ssenkahdavic said:
Just based on reading these reviews (never played the game nor really care to) I gotta wonder at their rating systems. Something just seems off and Im not sure what it is.

Take the IGN review, they sure make it sound better than the score they gave. I wonder if this is a new trend in scoring maybe? We will find out soon!

I think it's a trend of outlets trying to be harsher to attract more hits. Remember how Edge was well-known for their harsh reviews? How many hits does the guy who constantly gives Sony games 2/10 or 3/10 got from those reviews? Pretty sure it's more than if he gave the game the regular 8/10 or 9/10.