By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone Shadow Fall metacritic FLOP CONFIRMED: 73 on 17 reviews

Lawlight said:
Ssenkahdavic said:
Just based on reading these reviews (never played the game nor really care to) I gotta wonder at their rating systems. Something just seems off and Im not sure what it is.

Take the IGN review, they sure make it sound better than the score they gave. I wonder if this is a new trend in scoring maybe? We will find out soon!

I think it's a trend of outlets trying to be harsher to attract more hits. Remember how Edge was well-known for their harsh reviews? How many hits does the guy who constantly gives Sony games 2/10 or 3/10 got from those reviews? Pretty sure it's more than if he gave the game the regular 8/10 or 9/10.

I would welcome harsher reviews moving forward (No one will EVER convince me that GTA IV deserved 10s.....)  One of the reviews I read was literally "We love the game, but it is not what we wanted so we are going to score it poorly"  Really not sure which one it was, but I hope that is NOT the trend of reviews moving forward. 

Around the Network
Ssenkahdavic said:

I would welcome harsher reviews moving forward (No one will EVER convince me that GTA IV deserved 10s.....)  One of the reviews I read was literally "We love the game, but it is not what we wanted so we are going to score it poorly"  Really not sure which one it was, but I hope that is NOT the trend of reviews moving forward. 

Exactly it is. Reviev is nothing more than opinion.

Lawlight said:
Ronster316 said:
Lawlight said:
Ronster316 said:
Good job for sony that these reviews came out only a mere 48 hours before the release of the ps4.

Otherwise there could have been a fair few pre-order cancellations.

The game isn't releasing until more than 2 weeks in PAL region. Now what?

Now nothing............  folks are lumbered with their ps4's, it's too late for people to cancel their pre-orders, they are all shipping/arriving as we speak.

No, not in PAL. They can still cancel their KZ:SF preorders and get something else.

oh, sorry man (we have our wires crossed)

I was referring to people cancelling their actual ps4's, not knack(ered) and kill(ed)zone.

Their ps4's are on the way, too late in the day to back out.

Does anyone else think it's time to give up on guerilla? I feel like they have 1 really great game (killzone 2) followed by a whole bunch of duds. They are SUPPOSED to be making Sony's flagship FPS, but so far I believe they have failed in that aspect.

Go back to insomniac for more resistance. Resistance 3 was my favorite FPS of the gen.

Ronster316 said:
Good job for sony that these reviews came out only a mere 48 hours before the release of the ps4.

Makes you think about the Microsoft review embargo on ALL their games, doesn't it?

Around the Network
KingofTrolls said:
Ssenkahdavic said:

Exactly it is. Reviev is nothing more than opinion.

I have no problem with reviews being opinions, as of course they are, but in that exact type of review.  Its dishonest to say you love something then bash it because you wanted it to be different. 

I think they (journalists) are just being conservative with notes, because they know in 2014, a lot of games are gonna be much more better than a launch console game, so they don't want to look stupid when in a few months they're gonna be reviewing games like TitanFall, Infamous, Watch Dogs or Destiny and being forced to put similar notes, when they will be much better games.

Ssenkahdavic said:

I have no problem with reviews being opinions, as of course they are, but in that exact type of review.  Its dishonest to say you love something then bash it because you wanted it to be different. 

U wanna good reviev ? Do it by yourself.

And I will be the first guy that say ur reviev sucks.

Who is right ?

drkohler said:
Ronster316 said:

Makes you think about the Microsoft review embargo on ALL their games, doesn't it?

Thats why im sceptical about buying a new gen console early, regardless of which one.

not gonna lay out £429/£349 if the games are mediocre.

sales2099 said:
Kane1389 said:
Salnax said:
What bothers me is that, even without anything resembling a killer app at launch, the PS4 will likely sell gangbusters. I have no problem with the PS4 winning the 8th gen, but I'd like it if Sony earned it.

Building the most powerfull hardware at cheaper price is not earning it?

Taking the safe route and riding off competitors mistakes is arguable that it isn't earned but just winning by default :P

I can't stress the term "arguable" enough here.

I have always said that while Sony does make great consoles and even greater exclusives, they have never dominated because they were revolutionary outstanding.  The competition just sucked SOOOOOOOOO bad.

Example:  Gamecube.