By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Direct is 3DS Focused...Really Nintendo?

AgentZorn said:
I swear Nintendo seems to be oblivious to their problems. If next year they ignore the Wii U like this I may just end up selling my Wii U. What's the point of having a Nintendo system if not even Nintendo are supporting it.

YOu do know what games are all coming out next year from nintendo on the Wii U right?

What does it matter if they have a direct for the Wii U or not?  

I doubt they announce anything NEW for the 3DS tomorrow, so who cares.

Not having a Wii U direct doesn't mean Donkey Kong, Mario Kart, Zelda, Smash and whatever else is next year are no longer coming out.

Around the Network
irstupid said:
AgentZorn said:
I swear Nintendo seems to be oblivious to their problems. If next year they ignore the Wii U like this I may just end up selling my Wii U. What's the point of having a Nintendo system if not even Nintendo are supporting it.

YOu do know what games are all coming out next year from nintendo on the Wii U right?

Not having a Wii U direct doesn't mean Donkey Kong, Mario Kart, Zelda, Smash and whatever else is next year are no longer coming out.

But what are we going to get after that?

AgentZorn said:
irstupid said:
AgentZorn said:

You expect them to announce every single game they have planned even if they haven't started development lol?

3D is doing great. Focus all our attention on that.

Wii U is struggling. Neglect it.

Nintendo logic.

It's really hard to believe how mind-blowingly stupid Nintendo has been for the past three years. Everything from abandoning the Wii, to their refusal to localize games like The Last Story, to the Wii U's design, to the rampant delays... how can the company that so brilliantly propelled the Wii to success have fallen so far? It's like watching a former genius succumb to Alzheimer's.

AgentZorn said:
irstupid said:
AgentZorn said:

IDK, I assume they are working on stuff.  I'm not a fan of FF15 waiting periods so I'll enjoy games coming out within a YEAR.

I own a Wii U, you own a Wii U.  How about we both keep our Wii U's, until Januaray 2015.  At that point once all the gaes currently announced are out, then we will look again at upcoming games.  If it looks shitty, then lets sell our Wii U's or hide them in the closet.

I'm hardly going to consider selling my Wii U now and miss out on 4-5 amazing games because in a year there may not be anymore games.    A console is not a marriage, not exactly a long term commitment.  Once the Wii U gets fat, I'll ditch it.  I'm not going to ditch it cause I think it will stop working out in a year and get fat.

btw i wouldn't dump a girl for getting fat, i'm not that superficial.  Jeez all you 1080p guys must have perfect 10 GF's.  Or maybe that's why your still single, you guys are just too damn picky.

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
AgentZorn said:
irstupid said:
AgentZorn said:

You expect them to announce every single game they have planned even if they haven't started development lol?

No, but if Nintendo neglects the Wii U throught 2014 and show a lack of investment in the system then I will start having second thoughts. The system is not doing great, Nintendo has to go all out if they want it to succeed.

curl-6 said:

Nintendo logic.

It's really hard to believe how mind-blowingly stupid Nintendo has been for the past three years. Everything from abandoning the Wii, to their refusal to localize games like The Last Story, to the Wii U's design, to the rampant delays... how can the company that so brilliantly propelled the Wii to success have fallen so far? It's like watching a former genius succumb to Alzheimer's.

lol it's just one Nintendo Direct. Just you wait, the next one will be all about Wii U 2014! And Nintendo clearly just got luckly with the Wii. :L

Einsam_Delphin said:
curl-6 said:

Nintendo logic.

lol it's just one Nintendo Direct. Just you wait, the next one will be all about Wii U 2014! And Nintendo clearly just got luckly with the Wii. :L

I'm not talking about just this Direct, I'm talking about their whole attitude for the last three years.

I really hope you are right. We haven't heard anything from Yarn Yoshi since January, X, Bayonetta 2, or Mario Kart since June...

curl-6 said:

Nintendo logic.

Nintendo is struggling to see that the gamecube route is the wrong way! The WII U is essentially a repeat of the gamecube. The WII ofcourse is the antithesis to the gamecube just like how the PS4 is the antithesis of the PS3. They propelled the WII into success because of their famous blue ocean strategy. The WII U went red ocean to compete against the likes sony and microsoft but little did they know that they were minnows in that market. Sony is the giant squid whereas the microsoft is the shark and we all know that both will eat the minnow alive. 

It's actually a smarter idea to capitalize more profits on the 3DS because it remains uncontested. (If you think the vita is competing with it then your out of your mind.) As for the WII U it may fall into oblivion very soon when sony and microsoft will hit the market. The WII U will essentially die a very slow and an excruciatingly painfully death after 2014. What makes this situation even worse for nintendo is that the 3DS is reaching it's peak. No matter how you look at it nintendo is at a lose-lose situation with the WII U. 

AgentZorn said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
AgentZorn said:
irstupid said:
AgentZorn said:

No, but if Nintendo neglects the Wii U throught 2014 and show a lack of investment in the system then I will start having second thoughts. The system is not doing great, Nintendo has to go all out if they want it to succeed.

Wii U already has Smash, Kart, X, Yarn Yoshi, Bayo 2, and SMT x FE confirmed for 2014, and there's still Zelda U, Sonic's third game, and Miyamoto's new IP that we know about. How's that not support!? Especially considering those are just the games we know about. There's bound to be plenty of unannounced titles from both Nintendo and third partys.