By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Direct is 3DS Focused...Really Nintendo?

Nintendo has done more 3DS directs this year than they have Wii U directs. Anyone else see a problem? The only pure Wii U directs have been legendary, but so far there's only been 2 ones that had little to no mention of 3DS at all, such as the amazing January one and their awesome E3 direct.

3DS is probably my favorite handheld ever created, but in my opinion I would much rather see the Wii U succeed than the 3DS, seeing at this time the Wii U only has about 1/10 of the install base of 3DS.

Plus, there are still tons of loose ends with the Wii U that need to be tied up. Remember when it Luigis Mansion 2 was listed for Wii U, will we hear about that? What about Yarn Yoshi, Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem, we haven't even heard of those since January. Not to mention that suspicious third title sega is supposed to be doing for the Wii U with Nintendo.

Don't even get me started on the E3 games. How about X or Mario Kart 8? I'd much rather see more footage of those than more footage of Bravely Default and Kirby, then again that's all personal preferance.

I think it's just sad that Nintendo is doing ANOTHER 3DS focused direct when the 3DS already has a ton of hype behind it. The only way to hype up the Wii U is with games and Nintendo seems to only be using that strategy for 3DS.

Let me know how you feel. I'm disappointed :-/

Around the Network

i think we'll see another Mega Direct in December/January after the holiday season, there's no point in taking the spotlight away from the games coming out this holiday season

Clearly it was year of the 3DS this year, now they need to show next years stuff before the WiiU push. Hopefully WiiU can have its time to shine next year. With all the games coming up in 2014 im sure we will have a direct early in the year (Jan/Feb) showing off whats to come

The Wii U has a great lineup of games for holidays, doesn't needs a Nintendo Direct at the moment. I don't care about what they will do in 2014, I will be too busy for months with Mario 3d world, Mario & Sonic at the winter games, Wii Sports Club, Wii fit U, Zelda WW among others. And thats what Nintendo wants you to do too, that you put your attention on their current and upcoming (great) games.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

When they have nothing special to show, they won't be able to do a WiiU direct.
simple, isn't it?

When you think my english is bad...sorry for my bad english,    i'm from Germany. And yeees, sorry, that we've almost destroyed the whole world, blahblahblah

Around the Network

3DS is their main system imo so it makes sense.

Cannoly said:
simple, isn't it?

Same can be applied to 3DS imo. The only thing I'd be interested in is Yoshi's New Island footage and A Link Between Worlds footage.

While I'm disappointed, I guess this makes sense if they don't have anything significant to show about the Wii U software. I hope to god that the Wii U is the main focus for Nintendo during 2014 (like the 3DS was during 2013).

Nintendo and PC gamer

Cannoly said:
simple, isn't it?

I think it's been confirmed that there won't be any new games announced. So we can expect A LOT of new footage from 2014 3DS games, I imagine Nintendo isn't ready (or doesn't want) to show Wii U games footage.

Nintendo and PC gamer

xJbownagex said:
Cannoly said:
simple, isn't it?

Same can be applied to 3DS imo. The only thing I'd be interested in is Yoshi's New Island footage and A Link Between Worlds footage.

Maybe Miiverse on 3ds or something....

When you think my english is bad...sorry for my bad english,    i'm from Germany. And yeees, sorry, that we've almost destroyed the whole world, blahblahblah