By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Direct is 3DS Focused...Really Nintendo?

brendude13 said:
The WiiU's 2014 is looking better than the 3DS's at the moment. I have no problem with it at all.

^This exactly! If 2013 was the 3DS's big year, then 2014 should hopefully be the Wii U's.

Around the Network

Not surprising seeing more NDs for 3DS than for Wii U. There were a lot more games coming out for 3DS than for Wii U. 1st party and 3rd party, included.

I`m sure Wii U will get at least the same attention as 3DS in 2014`s NDs... they need to.

The Wii U is set for 2014. It's this year that it struggled for a system seller. Well at least until November 22nd.

Iwata said back in july that they would wait more to show off new games closer to the launch, because they feared be copied by competition. It make no sense show a lot of new footage from games that we will not see till april.

You don't get, even if nintendo started to make a shit ton of games for wiiu this year, they will only release in 2015.

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

I was thinking the exact same thing initially, and to be honest was kind of angry with Nintendo over it even... But you have to remember, if the Wii U fails, it's honestly not really a big deal, their core business has been always been handhelds (aside from the NES era and before the Gameboy in general).

If their handheld business begins to decline, however... That would be the very first time Nintendo is truly in trouble as far as dedicated hardware.

I think they're just really nervous with more and more japanese 3rd parties focusing on iOS where they otherwise would've focused on Nintendo's handheld, and on top of that, I think they REALLY want to keep the gap between the DS and 3DS as low as possible to keep investors from getting any more aggressive with their bad ideas.

Around the Network

well sure I would much rather see more WiiU stuff but if it only is a repeat of games we have already seen then I can wait until January for that

I'm honestly sic of 3DS as it has soo many games :P

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

I remember many months back, disappointment-clouded users like yourself proclaiming that a previous 3DS-focused ND was ignoring the Wii U... unsurprisingly it didn't. Turned out it was mostly 3DS related and not entirely.

So do remember that the possibility of tomorrow's ND having Wii U news does blatantly exist if you actually take the time to think about it. If it happens, then lovely, I called it amass the absurd sea of disappointment that occurred for the 2,543rd time around here thereabouts. If not, then yeah, a bummer, but these directs come monthly and I have a backlog of games on my 3DS AND Wii U *shocker, I know* to keep me busy.

xJbownagex said:

Nintendo has done more 3DS directs this year than they have Wii U directs. Anyone else see a problem? The only pure Wii U directs have been legendary, but so far there's only been 2 ones that had little to no mention of 3DS at all, such as the amazing January one and their awesome E3 direct.

3DS is probably my favorite handheld ever created, but in my opinion I would much rather see the Wii U succeed than the 3DS, seeing at this time the Wii U only has about 1/10 of the install base of 3DS.

Plus, there are still tons of loose ends with the Wii U that need to be tied up. Remember when it Luigis Mansion 2 was listed for Wii U, will we hear about that? What about Yarn Yoshi, Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem, we haven't even heard of those since January. Not to mention that suspicious third title sega is supposed to be doing for the Wii U with Nintendo.

Don't even get me started on the E3 games. How about X or Mario Kart 8? I'd much rather see more footage of those than more footage of Bravely Default and Kirby, then again that's all personal preferance.

I think it's just sad that Nintendo is doing ANOTHER 3DS focused direct when the 3DS already has a ton of hype behind it. The only way to hype up the Wii U is with games and Nintendo seems to only be using that strategy for 3DS.

Let me know how you feel. I'm disappointed :-/

It's logical in my mind. The 3ds is already destroying everybody this year, no announcements for next year are going to make people stop buying stuff this year. We already know the big games for this holiday, Nintendo wants the wii U to succeed THIS holiday which means people need to be as less concerned with 2014 as possible and view this year as the best year to get Wii U games.

http://notsofriendlyelemeandor.tumblr.com/post/66815777901

lol XD

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Personally for some odd reason, I don't mind this because I been having more fun on my 3DS then consoles.

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke