By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Direct is 3DS Focused...Really Nintendo?

Quite a few games left for 2013 so its probably just to remind people about them.

Around the Network

Well that's their money maker so no surprise...

Monster Hunter 4 announcement gooooo

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Einsam_Delphin said:

That's true, however they already announced plenty of 2014 games to look foward to, including the biggest ones being Smash n Kart. Nintendo will be focusing on those games after this holiday season is over. Also, I thought the Wii already established the fact that it doesn't matter how many consoles Nintendo sells, third partys will never fully support them. That's why they should stop wasting their time and resources trying to appease them, and instead focus on the third partys that are on their side and increase internal development to the point where they can make 12+ games a year for each of their systems.

Agreed, they will never fully support them, but we still can get decent ports of the PS3 and Xbox 360 announced games, I would like to see Destiny, Thief and Dark Souls for the console and those (and others) can happen if the sales justify the port (if they can sell additional 100k units who will say no?).

The Wii U lineup is strong but there are very few titles, Donkey, Bayonetta 2, Mario Kart, Smash and X, are only 5 games for a full year, and since we don't have anything else from third parties (really, anyone knows of any third party besides Spiderman and Watch_Dogs that is coming on 2014?), it looks barren. Hell a Wii U Nintendo Direct, just showing third party ports and some special collaboration could help the console, to show that something else besides the usual Nintendo titles are coming.

As much as I want it to be on the Wii U, I just want a new full Nintendo Direct and not these recaps/specified games focused ones. Any new games and localizations will be welcome to me. **fingers crossed for MH4**

don't waste time

3DS FC 4914-3563-4510

NNID : turtuls

Around the Network

3DS is what I want from Nintendo. Now show off the rumored Monolith 3DS game! (And Advance Wars 3DS)

flagstaad said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

That's true, however they already announced plenty of 2014 games to look foward to, including the biggest ones being Smash n Kart. Nintendo will be focusing on those games after this holiday season is over. Also, I thought the Wii already established the fact that it doesn't matter how many consoles Nintendo sells, third partys will never fully support them. That's why they should stop wasting their time and resources trying to appease them, and instead focus on the third partys that are on their side and increase internal development to the point where they can make 12+ games a year for each of their systems.

Agreed, they will never fully support them, but we still can get decent ports of the PS3 and Xbox 360 announced games, I would like to see Destiny, Thief and Dark Souls for the console and those (and others) can happen if the sales justify the port (if they can sell additional 100k units who will say no?).

The Wii U lineup is strong but there are very few titles, Donkey, Bayonetta 2, Mario Kart, Smash and X, are only 5 games for a full year, and since we don't have anything else from third parties (really, anyone knows of any third party besides Spiderman and Watch_Dogs that is coming on 2014?), it looks barren. Hell a Wii U Nintendo Direct, just showing third party ports and some special collaboration could help the console, to show that something else besides the usual Nintendo titles are coming.

Well again, they'll focus on 2014 when 2013 is over. They can't forget about this holiday season lol. I'm betting a Nintendo Direct late January/early February will lay down new game announcements and give us a full release schedule for 2014. Also we know of more than 5 games as there's also Yarn Yoshi, SMT x FE, Zelda U, A new IP, and Sonic's third game (though it couod be a 3DS game). Plus you can bet there's more games yet to be announced. As for third partys, yeah not much announced for 2014... yet!

Real talk, outside of showing off good video and some surprises these Nintendo Directs barely count as advertising.

That being said, unless Super Mario 3D World pulls a miracle, Nintendo probably would do well to write the system off. The botched launch, plus costs along with nearly zero 3rd party support or revenue make it probably a bigger drain on their resources then being the ones to translate and distribute Level 5 and Square Enix games outside of Japan.

Besides if they really don't have anything, it is better that they don't embarrass themselves by claiming a 30 sec trailer to a upcoming Wii U title is worth significant time in one of their directs.

Here's my ideal 3DS direct.

1. Localize Unlimited World Red: One Piece
2. Announce a Pokemon event or free DLC or something for Pokemon
3. Majora's Mask Remake
4. Montage of great upcoming games like Zelda, Mario Golf, ect.

5. super bonus surprise "NEW FIRE EMBLEM"

That's my dream Direct Tomorrow. Can't think of anything that would beat it. Would actually prefer Fire Emlem Wii U version, but since its 3DS oriented, I'll take Fire Emlbem where I can get it.

I swear Nintendo seems to be oblivious to their problems. If next year they ignore the Wii U like this I may just end up selling my Wii U. What's the point of having a Nintendo system if not even Nintendo are supporting it.