By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 remote play does different views. Exactly like Wii U with COD

JoeTheBro said:
Porcupine_I said:
JoeTheBro said:
eFKac said:
We already knew that for some time, since it was showed with Knack Gameplay, but yes this is awesome.

Knack has the same image on both devices.

You can play Knack co-op with the other player using the Vita

What knack is doing is just replacing a DS4 with a Vita, and then sending the TV's signal to the Vita.

That's completely different than what Greg's image is potentially referring to.

I suppose you missed this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZV7Jo1Zpn-s&feature=youtube_gdata_player

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network
Porcupine_I said:
JoeTheBro said:
Porcupine_I said:
JoeTheBro said:
eFKac said:
We already knew that for some time, since it was showed with Knack Gameplay, but yes this is awesome.

Knack has the same image on both devices.

You can play Knack co-op with the other player using the Vita

What knack is doing is just replacing a DS4 with a Vita, and then sending the TV's signal to the Vita.

That's completely different than what Greg's image is potentially referring to.

I suppose you missed this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZV7Jo1Zpn-s&feature=youtube_gdata_player

No, that video's doing exactly what I described. Both the Vita and the TV are dispalying the same image.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
brendude13 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
Is this thread one big practical joke? Did everyone get together beforehand and compare notes just to throw the site for a loop? I'm shocked at the number of people in this thread congratulating Sony for embracing something that was, until recently, an uninteresting and superfluous feature on Wii U.

You either like the idea across all devices or you don't.

Maybe because they're not interested in playing Nintendo games?

That is assuming there is a double standard, which there isn't.

Brendude, you are clearly a smart guy. It's obvious from your posts. Are you seriously telling me there isn't a double standard at work in this thread? The Wii U GamePad had been characterized in this forum as a "gimmick," as an extraneous device that offers uninteresting and unnecessary experiences for too great a cost. Enter the PS4/Vita connectivity and the concept is suddenly brilliant.

I'm just so weary of the hypocrisy. Pixels and textures don't matter, say Microsoft fans, unless it's Forza. The most powerful console is king, say Sony fans, unless it's PS1 and PS2. The Wii U needs better third-party support, say Nintendo fans, except we won't be buying them.

I just want some consistency.

I've rarely seen the WiiU gamepad being unfairly criticised, I definitely couldn't pick a culprit out of this thread for doing it. Even those who have, may not have been referring to the concept of taking a game from the big screen to the gamepad, which I've seen nothing but praise for.

The WiiU gamepad does have its downsides. It's mostly forced and not optional, it could be too bulky for casual use and it adds to the cost of the system.

There are no downsides to PS4 / Vita connectivity though. It's not a $600 WiiU, they're two independent systems that can be played separately, Sony are merely connecting the two with an additional feature. Those who are using it would have likely already justified owning both systems.

I understand what you mean about hypocrisy, it's pretty rife at the moment, even I've been guilty of it. I just don't see it in this case.

this feature works on vita tv so you could be playing the PS4 on two different TVs in two different rooms on one console, that's awesome.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
brendude13 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
Is this thread one big practical joke? Did everyone get together beforehand and compare notes just to throw the site for a loop? I'm shocked at the number of people in this thread congratulating Sony for embracing something that was, until recently, an uninteresting and superfluous feature on Wii U.

You either like the idea across all devices or you don't.

Maybe because they're not interested in playing Nintendo games?

That is assuming there is a double standard, which there isn't.

Brendude, you are clearly a smart guy. It's obvious from your posts. Are you seriously telling me there isn't a double standard at work in this thread? The Wii U GamePad had been characterized in this forum as a "gimmick," as an extraneous device that offers uninteresting and unnecessary experiences for too great a cost. Enter the PS4/Vita connectivity and the concept is suddenly brilliant.

I'm just so weary of the hypocrisy. Pixels and textures don't matter, say Microsoft fans, unless it's Forza. The most powerful console is king, say Sony fans, unless it's PS1 and PS2. The Wii U needs better third-party support, say Nintendo fans, except we won't be buying them.

I just want some consistency.

If the gamepad was used for more than an offscreen controller, then it could be compared to the Vita. Everyone think it's a nifty feature, but the gamepad the defining thing of the Wii U. Remote Play is just one of many features.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
Somini said:
curl-6 said:
Hynad said:
curl-6 said:
PS4 + Vita is $600 USD though, double the price of the Wii U, which does the same thing out of the box.

It is a really cool feature though.

But the Vita is a fully portable device. The Gamepad isn't. You're talking about the Vita as if it was just a mere controller and nothing else. Besides, you can't play Sony exclusives on the Gamepad, can you? 

This is an added feature to an already feature packed handheld. 

I'd wouldn't say Vita offers anywhere near $200 worth of value.

You think anyone ever expects you to see anything positive or even objective about the Vita? Your hate for the console is way too evident for us to expect you to see things neutrally.

My hate for the Vita?

I've been one of the Vita's biggest defenders all year, one of the few who kept insisting that its sales would pick up and it would go on to be a succcess. and I stand by that.

But the turning point will be Japan. Handhelds have the edge there, Vita's already doing decently there, and with the right games it will explode. But in the  West... I'm a bit sceptical of whether it will be a good long term investment at this point. Just as Nintendo stupidly neglected Wii U for the 3DS earlier this year, Sony is seriously neglecting the Vita, and while this isn't as big a problem in Japan where it has good third party support, Western devs seem about as keen on the Vita as they are on Wii U, leaving Vita's future in the West a bit worrying.

curl-6 said:
Somini said:

You think anyone ever expects you to see anything positive or even objective about the Vita? Your hate for the console is way too evident for us to expect you to see things neutrally.

My hate for the Vita?

I've been one of the Vita's biggest defenders all year, one of the few who kept insisting that its sales would pick up and it would go on to be a succcess. and I stand by that.

But the turning point will be Japan. Handhelds have the edge there, Vita's already doing decently there, and with the right games it will explode. But in the  West... I'm a bit sceptical of whether it will be a good long term investment at this point. Just as Nintendo stupidly neglected Wii U for the 3DS earlier this year, Sony is seriously neglecting the Vita, and while this isn't as big a problem in Japan where it has good third party support, Western devs seem about as keen on the Vita as they are on Wii U, leaving Vita's future in the West a bit worrying.

Can confirm this.