By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Can the PS4 outsell the Wii U in the UK... In 1 Week?

pezus said:
phenom08 said:
DerNebel said:

I'm saying the Wii U is doing bad in Japan compared to past generations. If you're saying that home consoles are on decline in Japan then I wonder why you're claiming that Japan would be a more important market than the UK in the coming generation, cause this generation the home console market in the UK and Japan were pretty much the same size (24 million between Wii/PS3/360)

I never claimed Japan would be more important in the coming gen. All I said was basically the UK means little because the winner of UK from last gen came in last. Wii won Japan and the gen, so i would say Japan is more important.

The winner in the US will also finish last (last gen). I guess the US matter little

The Wii won US.

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
phenom08 said:
DerNebel said:
phenom08 said:

Whats your proof its doing poorly? Home consoles are obviously on a slide. PS4 doing hot in Japan is still yet to be seen.

I'm saying the Wii U is doing bad in Japan compared to past generations. If you're saying that home consoles are on decline in Japan then I wonder why you're claiming that Japan would be a more important market than the UK in the coming generation, cause this generation the home console market in the UK and Japan were pretty much the same size (24 million between Wii/PS3/360)

I never claimed Japan would be more important in the coming gen. All I said was basically the UK means little because the winner of UK from last gen came in last. Wii won Japan and the gen, so i would say Japan is more important.

No, both markets are equally sized, just cause the Wii sold most in Japan and also worldwide it does not mean, that japan is suddenly more important. In fact looking at the date we have available, we see that the home console software sales have consistently higher then in Japan in the last couple years. So yeah I'd argue that the UK is a more important market than Japan is nowadays.

UK is becoming more important for home consoles because Japan is shifting. During the Wii days, Japan was more important.

So I wonder if the second week will be the same as PS3 and Wii U takes back the lead xD

phenom08 said:
DerNebel said:

No, both markets are equally sized, just cause the Wii sold most in Japan and also worldwide it does not mean, that japan is suddenly more important. In fact looking at the date we have available, we see that the home console software sales have consistently higher then in Japan in the last couple years. So yeah I'd argue that the UK is a more important market than Japan is nowadays.

UK is becoming more important for home consoles because Japan is shifting. During the Wii days, Japan was more important.

Which means your initial post

"In UK.... definitely. 360 sold most in UK and will finish last.... so yeah. UK hardly matters much. I would say Japan matters more actually. "

was completely pointless. Thanks for that.

pezus said:
phenom08 said:
pezus said:

The winner in the US will also finish last (last gen). I guess the US matter little

The Wii won US.

Not really. It will be outsold this year.

The gen is over and Wii was on top when it ended. Wii won.

Around the Network
pezus said:
phenom08 said:
pezus said:

The Wii won US.

Not really. It will be outsold this year.

Profit.  Wii won.

DerNebel said:
phenom08 said:
DerNebel said:

"In UK.... definitely. 360 sold most in UK and will finish last.... so yeah. UK hardly matters much. I would say Japan matters more actually. "

Not really. That post was addressing someone saying the gen is decided thanks to these sales. I said Japan matters more based off of last gen. Maybe you should stop assuming things.

phenom08 said:
DerNebel said:
phenom08 said:
DerNebel said:

Not really. That post was addressing someone saying the gen is decided thanks to these sales. I said Japan matters more based off of last gen. Maybe you should stop assuming things.

No, you made the claim of Japan mattering more in home console sales, basing this on Wii selling the most worldwide.

Once again, Japan does not matter more than the UK and it has not mattered more last generation either, you're just assuming things. Like I said same amount of home consoles sold and more software sold in the UK for years clearly suggests that the UK mattered more last gen. Also looking at how neither MS nor Sony are bothering to release their console in Japan this year, it's pretty obvious how important they think the market is. Japans importance in the home console market is dwindling quickly at the moment.

Now now, the laughing at Rol is a tad harsh. He at least explained his prediction and nobody could argue against it at the time.

Nobody realistically expected these numbers.

@DerNebel Read what it quoted instead of making shit up.