By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Can the PS4 outsell the Wii U in the UK... In 1 Week?

by a country mile

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

i could have bought one but didn't fancy slapping down over £600 for stuff i don't want,damn these forced bundles are annoying in certain shops,couldn't find just a simple console in a shop unsurprisingly,booo

Above & Beyond

Too funny. This gen is set in stone, PS4 > XB1 > WiiU.

RolStoppable said:

No.

People like to look at past launches and draw the conclusion that it is easily possible. However, the most recent PlayStation product, the Vita, featured the same price as its predecessor, the PSP. and was agreed upon to have a significantly better launch lineup. Thus people were expecting a good launch, but in reality the PSP beat the PSV roughly 4:1.

Now that the PS4 is cheaper than the PS3 and also has a better launch lineup, people figure that the PS4 launch should be the same or better than the PS3 launch. Not going to happen with the current economical conditions. Besides, the PS4 is just like the PSV in that it lacks the brand strength of the PS3 and PSP. A lot of people bought Sony's seventh generation machines based on blind faith, this isn't going to repeat.

Number time: The PS4 won't sell more than 120k units during its launch week and won't pass the Wii U by the end of 2013.

phenom08 said:

Dont worry I have my "PS4 FAILED" threads waiting. ;) I've been waiting all year for this! 

Seece said:

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/ps4-has-sold-over-250k-ps4s-in-the-uk/0125169

"This means that the current-gen trio (which until recently referred to as ‘next-gen’) already enjoys an install base of around 600k units in the UK. Both PS4 and Xbox have already comfortably outsold Nintendo’s Wii U, which was released in the UK over a year ago."

It might have taken only 2 weeks for the Wii U to become last place in the UK, but it will still take 10 years before it's kicked from the top spot worldwide

Around the Network
ryuzaki57 said:

One week? It will take about 10 hours.

I must admit my prediction was not realistic : it took only 30 minutes XD

RolStoppable said:

No.

People like to look at past launches and draw the conclusion that it is easily possible. However, the most recent PlayStation product, the Vita, featured the same price as its predecessor, the PSP. and was agreed upon to have a significantly better launch lineup. Thus people were expecting a good launch, but in reality the PSP beat the PSV roughly 4:1.

Now that the PS4 is cheaper than the PS3 and also has a better launch lineup, people figure that the PS4 launch should be the same or better than the PS3 launch. Not going to happen with the current economical conditions. Besides, the PS4 is just like the PSV in that it lacks the brand strength of the PS3 and PSP. A lot of people bought Sony's seventh generation machines based on blind faith, this isn't going to repeat.

Number time: The PS4 won't sell more than 120k units during its launch week and won't pass the Wii U by the end of 2013.

sorry couldnt resist XD

phenom08 said:

Dont worry I have my "PS4 FAILED" threads waiting. ;) I've been waiting all year for this! 

Seece said:

In UK.... definitely. 360 sold most in UK and will finish last.... so yeah. UK hardly matters much. I would say Japan matters more actually. 

phenom08 said:
Seece said:

In UK.... definitely. 360 sold most in UK and will finish last.... so yeah. UK hardly matters much. I would say Japan matters more actually. 

Good thing the Wii U is doing stellar in Japan...