By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Can the PS4 outsell the Wii U in the UK... In 1 Week?

Lol Im being fed crow from all around. Good for it, 360 was number 1 here and will finish last. So this means nothing in the long run.

Around the Network
phenom08 said:
Lol Im being fed crow from all around. Good for it, 360 was number 1 here and will finish last. So this means nothing in the long run.

True enough, the Wii U will have a "3DS comeback" and rush to the very top in Europe and globally and beat everyone handily, John Lucas said so.

By the way, isn't it time your brought out your "PS4 failed" threads?

DerNebel said:
phenom08 said:
Seece said:
Too funny. This gen is set in stone, PS4 > XB1 > WiiU.

In UK.... definitely. 360 sold most in UK and will finish last.... so yeah. UK hardly matters much. I would say Japan matters more actually. 

Good thing the Wii U is doing stellar in Japan...

Whats your proof its doing poorly? Home consoles are obviously on a slide. PS4 doing hot in Japan is still yet to be seen.

Mummelmann said:
phenom08 said:

True enough, the Wii U will have a "3DS comeback" and rush to the very top in Europe and globally and beat everyone handily, John Lucas said so.

Yeah it is, im pretty sure it will fall behind launch aligned soon in NA to PS2 and Wii. Which is sad since it did have the biggest launch in history.

phenom08 said:
Mummelmann said:
phenom08 said:

Yeah it is, im pretty sure it will fall behind launch aligned soon in NA to PS2 and Wii. Which is sad since it did have the biggest launch in history.

Oh god no! You mean it won't beat the PS2 or Wii?! That's horrible! That leaves them open to be dominated by others!

I'm not sure if you know this, but I'm one of the prime advocates for the whole "none of the 8th gen consoles will have stellar sales" movement and I never expected anyone to outsell the Wii, let alone the PS2 (I have said on numerous occassions that we'll never see a home console dominate or sell that much ever again). The 8th gen will see the whole console market, both handheld and home consoles, shrink.

PS: If Wii U isn't selling well in Japan, and obviously not doing too hot in Europe, do you expect it to win the 8th gen simply by way of North America? And if it doesn't win, then how are the victors failures? Yet again, you have managed to paint yourself into a corner, one would have thought you had learned something by now.

Around the Network
phenom08 said:
DerNebel said:
phenom08 said:
Seece said:

In UK.... definitely. 360 sold most in UK and will finish last.... so yeah. UK hardly matters much. I would say Japan matters more actually. 

Whats your proof its doing poorly? Home consoles are obviously on a slide. PS4 doing hot in Japan is still yet to be seen.

I'm saying the Wii U is doing bad in Japan compared to past generations. If you're saying that home consoles are on decline in Japan then I wonder why you're claiming that Japan would be a more important market than the UK in the coming generation, cause this generation the home console market in the UK and Japan were pretty much the same size (24 million between Wii/PS3/360)

DerNebel said:
phenom08 said:
DerNebel said:
phenom08 said:
Seece said:

I'm saying the Wii U is doing bad in Japan compared to past generations. If you're saying that home consoles are on decline in Japan then I wonder why you're claiming that Japan would be a more important market than the UK in the coming generation, cause this generation the home console market in the UK and Japan were pretty much the same size (24 million between Wii/PS3/360)

I never claimed Japan would be more important in the coming gen. All I said was basically the UK means little because the winner of UK from last gen came in last. Wii won Japan and the gen, so i would say Japan is more important.

phenom08 said:
DerNebel said:
phenom08 said:
DerNebel said:
phenom08 said:
Seece said:

I never claimed Japan would be more important in the coming gen. All I said was basically the UK means little because the winner of UK from last gen came in last. Wii won Japan and the gen, so i would say Japan is more important.

I fully expect PS4 to outsell PS3 and also the Wii in Japan. Maybe not as fast, but in the end absolutely.

Mummelmann said:
phenom08 said:
Mummelmann said:
phenom08 said:

Oh god no! You mean it won't beat the PS2 or Wii?! That's horrible! That leaves them open to be dominated by others!

I'm not sure if you know this, but I'm one of the prime advocates for the whole "none of the 8th gen consoles will have stellar sales" movement and I never expected anyone to outsell the Wii, let alone the PS2 (I have said on numerous occassions that we'll never see a home console dominate or sell that much ever again). The 8th gen will see the whole console market, both handheld and home consoles, shrink.

PS: If Wii U isn't selling well in Japan, and obviously not doing too hot in Europe, do you expect it to win the 8th gen simply by way of North America? And if it doesn't win, then how are the victors failures? Yet again, you have managed to paint yourself into a corner, one would have thought you had learned something by now.

I never said WiiU would win this gen. Why do Sony fans like yourself read so far into things? This is what i mean by your reaching. So you see PS4 getting off to a start like this but failing to outsell PS2? Its a gamer system according to many here. Why would it fail to beat atleast Wii?

phenom08 said:
DerNebel said:
phenom08 said:

No, both markets are equally sized, just cause the Wii sold most in Japan and also worldwide it does not mean, that japan is suddenly more important. In fact looking at the data we have available, we see that the home console software sales have consistently been higher in the UK then in Japan for the last couple years. So yeah I'd argue that the UK is a more important market than Japan is nowadays.