By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - DS4 Stick Problem Update: GAFers Are Reporting Similar Issues

As someone who has tried tons of controllers, I can positively say the DS4 will break in my hands. Just like every single other controller I've had.

Around the Network
petroleo said:

it looks like is the same material as the DS3 controller or similar, DS3 has the same looking surface texture. Maybe Sony didn't put the right amount of substance

ok so I'm analizing this image, and I'm seeing something strange:

It looks like the stick was worn off un purpose, it has some strange cuts  that is very unlikely to be made for a thumb mmm.

That, or the guy just really likes going to the left in every game.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

So what I gather is Xbox One is doomed.

petroleo said:

it looks like is the same material as the DS3 controller or similar, DS3 has the same looking surface texture. Maybe Sony didn't put the right amount of substance

ok so I'm analizing this image, and I'm seeing something strange:

It looks like the stick was worn off un purpose, it has some strange cuts  that is very unlikely to be made for a thumb mmm.

Or he just plays a lot of games that uses the left stick a ton. For example, my 360 pad has a much more worn out left stick thanks to Trials.

Wright said:

As someone who has tried tons of controllers, I can positively say the DS4 will break in my hands. Just like every single other controller I've had.

You destructor.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

PS4 games must be awesome if the controller already looks like that. Once you pick one up you can't put it down until it breaks.

If a bit of wear on the rubber is the only thing then I'm not worried. I have plenty of current gen controllers with broken buttons and sticks that won't center correctly anymore.

This is one of the reasons i'm not buying either console at launch. Kinks need to be removed, those games aren't going anywhere.

Either some people are being way too harsh with the controller, or there are some sticks that have cheap rubber.

It kinda looks like there are scratch marks on the left stick doesn't it? Also I've looked abit through the Reddit thread and it seems like this controller was used by 4-6 people to exclusively play Fifa aka the game that has probably destroyed as many controllers as friendships.

But well let's see what happens, generally I'd always blame people for not handling their stuff with enough care, but if something like this becomes widespread then that's an obvious sign that Sony cheaped out on the rubber.

It really just looks like the positioning of the thumb to me. Instead of in the center they are pressing on one side.