By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - DS4 Stick Problem Update: GAFers Are Reporting Similar Issues

I definitely call BS on some of these. I've had my DS4 for over a week and mess with it everyday, yet haven't had anything like this happen. If the rubber was really as cheap as they look in these pics, I pretty sure I should have experienced problems by now. Even just a little rubber coming off.

If you look at the very first pic to come out, it looks to me like he took a razor blade to one edge of it. Either that or some sandpaper, as you can see scratches around the cut. Something that would happen under normal use with the finger. Unless of course your fingers are as dry and rough as sandpaper. If that's the case, moisturize, man, moisturize. Others look like sandpaper was taken to them, as well.

Around the Network

I like the material... it is comfortable in fingers.

But of course if it deteriorates with the constant use then Sony needs to change it.

For those that are try to say this is due to low quality. All i can say is this is the highest quality controller ever made, and looks to be the best one this gen. If this is a problem it would be due to the chemical company that supplies the rubber, and not Sony. Could have been a bad batch.

They also may have been anti-Playstation, and intentionally damaged the controller to get the fame for him and shame for Sony.

And also, even the cheapest materials don't get that damaged in a very short time. they take at least a month with abused use. And remind me how he had been playing all the line-up games in this week without the actual console.

SnowPrince said:

They also may have been anti-Playstation, and intentionally damaged the controller to get the fame for him and shame for Sony.

And also, even the cheapest materials don't get that damaged in a very short time. they take at least a month with abused use. And remind me how he had been playing all the line-up games in this week without the actual console.

Some people have different play-styles. Me personally, I use the tips of my thumbs, some people use the middle of their thumbs, people who use the tip of their thumb are more likely to scratch off that type of rubber.

Around the Network

It looks like it was used by someone with really long nails. Sony's controllers are usually very well made. They don't cheap out in that field.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

The reddit user also mentioned that he wasn't the only one who uses the controller.

I've suspected that the DS4 is collectively too good to be true, but yeah, these honestly look deliberate.

Nsanity said:
iceland said:
Hope this isn't a big issue, that'd suck.

The sticks wearing down after two weeks of use is a major issue.

I think he means that he hopes this isn't a wide spread issue.  I've been using mine for 2 plus weeks and have had no such issues.

i was doing my usual controller mod. and i was thinking about sticking some DS3 sticks in there. they would work with a little trimming.

PSN: B_U_L_L_D_O_G_G

XBL: BiggBully

Wii: 6629 9857 7201 4139