By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Let's stop kidding ourselves.

I generally agree with what the op has to say. But anything can happen really. I remember back when the Wii was about to launch -everyone was calling the end of Nintendo - it didn't happen. I can see the xbox one taking the generation, same can be said with the Wii U. Sony is the favourite right now but they will need to work for it.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
I still can't believe people are rationalizing Sony charging for online multiplayer. It's ridiculous on its face.

I'm surprised I didn't see your face popping up in those old PSN vs XBL threads to say the same thing then.

In fear of "being told so" I agree with everything Frequency says XD

darkknightkryta said:
In fear of "being told so" I agree with everything Frequency says XD

A fast learner.

DevilRising said:
DonFerrari said:

Why would you bother even asking this, or phrasing it thus? Just because a few multiplats are "performing better" according to preview copies for launch, that does not imply that that is going to be the case for the entire generation. There will undoubtedly be multiplat titles that are better on XB1 than PS4, and vice versa. And despite a slight level of graphical disparity, believe it or not, there just might be at least a couple of multiplat titles that are best on Wii U. That is just how things go. Always has been, dating all the way back to at least the 2nd Generation of consoles.

And yes, I have handled the controller. They have kiosks at Best Buy and other places dude. It's not hard to find one. I'm just not a fan. I've always liked the PS controller design, EXCEPT for the d-pad, which I've never liked. But I just don't care for this PS4 controller design with the fairly-pointless little touchpad thrown in the middle. Just my opinion, that's all.

Well... We can just evaluate by what we have now... By the power difference its reasonable to imagine that MOST multiplats will run better/look better on PS4, but even tough I don't think a multiplat on WiiU or MS looking better I can see it "playing better" (depending on the use of the pad or Kinect 2.0 and you liking that use).

Ok I'll grant your point on personal preference... I personally always liked the DSs (just like the sixaxis motion in the DS3, fewer and fewer games utilize it, and usually I don't like to use... altough I like Move... But not sure if the DS4 will please me, too bad we can't use the DS3.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Ok, lay down your arms guys. Let's just bow to this mans oppinion, our own doesn't matter.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Soundwave said:

More or less I agree with the OP. Sony basically has this in the bag. 

I think deep down a lot of MS and Nintendo fans will acknowledge a lot of these points too, they're just too proud/stubborn to admit it. I know on the Nintendo board even a lot of ardent Wii U supporters will acknowledge in their quieter moments that they're anticipating a final Wii U tally in the 30-40 million range and even that may be highly optimistic. 

That said, if MS starts to get down in this gen from the get go, I would look for them to start fighting "dirty" by starting to throw around moneyhats to keep certain games off the PS4 for as long as possible. I think Sony will win, but they will have to sweat (and perhaps bleed) for it, this is not going to be a PS2-era style walk in the park for them. 

Your prediction already came true. They freaked out when they saw Sonys preorders in Europe and moneyhatted the shit out of EA. The majority of their launch has been moneyhatting EA. Madden, Fifa andTitanfall....something involved with all three of those titles was moneyhatted. 

And EA to prevent the backlash launched a preemptive 'atack' by saying they always had a great support and relationship with Sony platforms (Probably for them to not suffer some kind of boycote)... Too bad for then that I don't like most of their games... and for the ones that at somewhat of my taste I can pass out without.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Your prediction already came true. They freaked out when they saw Sonys preorders in Europe and moneyhatted the shit out of EA. The majority of their launch has been moneyhatting EA. Madden, Fifa andTitanfall....something involved with all three of those titles was moneyhatted. 

And EA to prevent the backlash launched a preemptive 'atack' by saying they always had a great support and relationship with Sony platforms (Probably for them to not suffer some kind of boycote)... Too bad for then that I don't like most of their games... and for the ones that at somewhat of my taste I can pass out without.

EA doesn't hate Sony. They have a better standing relationship with them opposed to Microsoft as far as profit is concerned. Microsoft throws money at people. If Microsoft threw you hundreds of millions (probably a billion) to get the edge in perception against the competition, wouldnt you take it?

IsawYoshi said:
Ok, lay down your arms guys. Let's just bow to this mans oppinion, our own doesn't matter.

Dude...its pretty predictable how this gen is going to go if Nintendos previous portion of the market doesnt come back. The market shrinks and Nintendo has to survive the gen against the competition. They will profit (of course) but it will look like they are surviving in the market against the competition.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
DonFerrari said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

EA doesn't hate Sony. They have a better standing relationship with them opposed to Microsoft as far as profit is concerned. Microsoft throws money at people. If Microsoft threw you hundreds of millions (probably a billion) to get the edge in perception against the competition, wouldnt you take it?

That would depend on how much I make and how much they are offering... but from a bussiness stand point I sure would...

I wasn't saying they hate Sony (perhaps they hate gamers, with some of their shenanigans)... the reality is that they support who pays more and we all know it... And I'm not exactly boycoting them because of it, I don't buy their games most of time because it doesn't interest me)