By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Let's stop kidding ourselves.

I like Sierra Mist. And, no, I'm not kidding myself.

Around the Network

I didn't realize that Nostradamus had an account here.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

No lol and ill just leave it at that.

I don't see why people disagree with the X1 selling more than the WII U. The X1 has the games that the mass market wants whereas the most of the WII U games are pretty irrelevant when it comes to the sales and that pretty much tells me that the WII U is pretty likely to flop without them.

Higher price vs No mass market games or other 3rd party games - Pick what you think has the least amount of bullshit to deal with and may the one with the least bullshit win.

Frequency said:

Okay, lets just get it out and settle it once and for all.

PlayStation 4 is going to sell the best this generation.
PlayStation 4 is the most powerful games console this generation.
Multi-plat titles are more often than not going to be better on PlayStation 4 this generation.
For TV and programming services, Xbox One will be best this generation.
Xbox One is going to easilly beat the WiiU this generation.
WiiU sales will improve but never enough to reach over 60M lifetime.
Resolution and framerate stability is going to more often than not be better on PlayStation 4.
There are, and are going to be, great games on all three systems, enough of them, and of a quality that warrant the purchase of each machine.
Online services and multiplayer for both Xbox One and PlayStation 4 are well worth the fees associated with them.
PC versions of multiplatform games are going to see a big boost in quality because of the new consoles.
As gamers, with all three consoles and PC getting better games in the future, we ALL win, regardless.

Once we accept this and move on to actually PLAYING the games, these forums are just doing to be a dire state of petty arguments, none of which benefit the community, or change the situation with the consoles in any way.

I agree, but this is all assuming there will be no 'plot twist' this gen.

Kinect/TVTVTVTVTV could explode in popularity, then Bone would leave PS4 in the dust... Wii U could suddenly catch on fire and get a really strong userbase... etc... It's just too early.

Assuming none of these happen... then yes, so far, LOOKS like PS4 has it all geared up to win the gen.

Around the Network
F0X said:
I didn't realize that Nostradamus had an account here.

Or maybe it's H.G. Wells via his time machine?

Nah, who am I kidding...

In 5 years when every single point I made is right, I will come back and pm every single poster in this thread with 'I told you so'.

Imthelegend said:
Frequency said:

Okay, lets just get it out and settle it once and for all.

PlayStation 4 is going to sell the best this generation.
PlayStation 4 is the most powerful games console this generation.
Multi-plat titles are more often than not going to be better on PlayStation 4 this generation.
For TV and programming services, Xbox One will be best this generation.
Xbox One is going to easilly beat the WiiU this generation.
WiiU sales will improve but never enough to reach over 60M lifetime.
Resolution and framerate stability is going to more often than not be better on PlayStation 4.
There are, and are going to be, great games on all three systems, enough of them, and of a quality that warrant the purchase of each machine.
Online services and multiplayer for both Xbox One and PlayStation 4 are well worth the fees associated with them.
PC versions of multiplatform games are going to see a big boost in quality because of the new consoles.
As gamers, with all three consoles and PC getting better games in the future, we ALL win, regardless.

Once we accept this and move on to actually PLAYING the games, these forums are just doing to be a dire state of petty arguments, none of which benefit the community, or change the situation with the consoles in any way.

Why is the power of a console so important to most people. The SNES was the last console which was the most powerful for a generation which actually won a console war. How long ago was that. Everyone said the PS3 ws going to trounce both the Wii and 360 and as of now it is in third place. Noone knows what is going to happen. Just enjoy the ride.

Neo Geo

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

Frequency said:
In 5 years when every single point I made is right, I will come back and pm every single poster in this thread with 'I told you so'.

Eh, you might as well claim victory anyways. 

Frequency said:

Giirrrrl you cray cray