By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Let's stop kidding ourselves.

I love how people say company a or b won or lost. X box grew its brand by 425% Nintendo re dominated consoles and Sony lost market share from 120 million consoles to 79 million at a time where market share grew. Not to forget the overall life o the console and company was in the red. None if us are employees and seems as if the only enjoyment is bashing the gamers on the competition rather than playing games. Look at the rage when there is a pro article from the rival system fanbase

Just because you chose to quote a famous dead person does not mean that you are some type of intellect nor does it mean that the quote in question is correct.

Around the Network

i agree with all except

WiiU sales will improve but never enough to reach over 60M lifetime.

over 30 or 40 would of been a more acurate number

Play Me

Frequency said:

Once we accept this and move on to actually PLAYING the games, these forums are just doing to be a dire state of petty arguments, none of which benefit the community, or change the situation with the consoles in any way.

I feel like part of the fun of going to forums is for people to argue over petty or possibly irrelevant things.  Could be a lot less interesting without those lulz.

agreed.
i just dont want to see a great dominance like in 6 gen.
i want all 3 have great profit, and they have money and hope to keep on and succeed in 9 gen.

Imthelegend said:
Frequency said:

Why is the power of a console so important to most people. The SNES was the last console which was the most powerful for a generation which actually won a console war. How long ago was that. Everyone said the PS3 ws going to trounce both the Wii and 360 and as of now it is in third place. Noone knows what is going to happen. Just enjoy the ride.

It wasn't actually the Atari Jaguar was.

Around the Network
J_Allard said:
Well good thing this VGChartz forum poster has spoken on these topics, someone send Nintendo, Sony, and MS a link so they can all plan accordingly.

I though they were already doing it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DevilRising said:
Lafiel said:
Your very first point hurts your cause. It's not set in stone at all that the PS4 will outsell the other consoles this gen, although it sure does have a lot going for it right now.
And I think you iterate the "PS4 is the most powerful" point to often with the "multiplats/res framerate .." points.

True. PS4 is going to have it's issues, and ever since the "let's hit Microsoft where it hurts and make our console look great" hype train that was the E3 reveal, there has been this growing chorus of people online practically shitting themselves, believing that it is, in fact, going to be "the most amazing game console ever made". That has yet to be proven, let alone validated at all. The actual design of the console in some ways is uglier than the original PS2 or PS3 designs, the controller honestly looks kind of silly, as if they really just tacked on the "touch pad" part, which I don't see having a huge impact on game design. In that regard, while I hate to say so because I have never liked the Xbox controller design, the "One" controller looks better than the PS4 one. There is also zero indication that multiplats are "going to" automatically look or be better on PS4. The same was originally assumed of PS3, yet the opposite wound up being true in many cases. Yes, the PS4 is said to be much simpler to develop for, but that doesn't mean that every developer is going to automatically be able to get the most out of that hardware. And just because it has the most powerful hardware, does not by any stretch of the imagination mean that it will ALWAYS have the best looking games of the gen. If that were true, games like Shadow of the Colossus and Mario Galaxy would not have existed in past gens.

And yes, ultimately, once this initial buzz and hype for PS4 die down, there is zero guarantee that it's going to wind up being "the highest selling console of the generation". That remains to be seen, and won't likely be determined for years. The only valid point the OP makes is that all three consoles will undoubtedly have good games for them, and that arguing over a lot of the shit people do in forums like this IS pointless. But every other point he tries to make is rather foolish, in my view.

Have you been reading different news than everyone??? Multiplats are performing better on PS4.

About the control, most reviewers seemed to like it, so unless you had personal experience with it and didn't liked I don't see from were you took that (maybe you just don't like the pad?)

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Dmick90 said:
Imthelegend said:
Frequency said:

Why is the power of a console so important to most people. The SNES was the last console which was the most powerful for a generation which actually won a console war. How long ago was that. Everyone said the PS3 ws going to trounce both the Wii and 360 and as of now it is in third place. Noone knows what is going to happen. Just enjoy the ride.

It wasn't actually the Atari Jaguar was.

Atari Jaguar was from the 5th gen. The most powerful 4th gen console was the Neo-Geo.

Frequency said:
Online services and multiplayer for both Xbox One and PlayStation 4 are well worth the fees associated with them.

Aside from the current advantages of being a PS+ member, I disagree.  A lot of features that come with the purchase of a device and/or online should not be locked behind a paywall.

I still can't believe people are rationalizing Sony charging for online multiplayer. It's ridiculous on its face.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.