By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Let's stop kidding ourselves.

I dont agree with this... we all know the 3ds is gonna own everything

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

I agree with everything except that the Xbox One will beat Wii U sales wise.

Wii U is going to beat the Xbox One. I would bet money on it.

I’m about to buy a nextgen console but I have a hard time choosing. Any suggestions?

Andy_HN said:
I’m about to buy a nextgen console but I have a hard time choosing. Any suggestions?

If you like Nintendo games, Wii U.

If you like Halo and other shooters, Xbone.

If you like a diverse catalogue of games, PS4. 

Imthelegend said:
Frequency said:

Okay, lets just get it out and settle it once and for all.

PlayStation 4 is going to sell the best this generation.
PlayStation 4 is the most powerful games console this generation.
Multi-plat titles are more often than not going to be better on PlayStation 4 this generation.
For TV and programming services, Xbox One will be best this generation.
Xbox One is going to easilly beat the WiiU this generation.
WiiU sales will improve but never enough to reach over 60M lifetime.
Resolution and framerate stability is going to more often than not be better on PlayStation 4.
There are, and are going to be, great games on all three systems, enough of them, and of a quality that warrant the purchase of each machine.
Online services and multiplayer for both Xbox One and PlayStation 4 are well worth the fees associated with them.
PC versions of multiplatform games are going to see a big boost in quality because of the new consoles.
As gamers, with all three consoles and PC getting better games in the future, we ALL win, regardless.

Once we accept this and move on to actually PLAYING the games, these forums are just doing to be a dire state of petty arguments, none of which benefit the community, or change the situation with the consoles in any way.

Why is the power of a console so important to most people. The SNES was the last console which was the most powerful for a generation which actually won a console war. How long ago was that. Everyone said the PS3 ws going to trounce both the Wii and 360 and as of now it is in third place. Noone knows what is going to happen. Just enjoy the ride.

Its not about the power, its about having third parties on your side. Without third parties even with great first party you will drop your console userbase by like 60 to 70%. 

Around the Network
Mensrea said:

Dude...the Xbox One has third party support...that alone has already solidified its victory over the Wii U. Seriously, thats one of the major reasons they outsold Nintendo even when they had a console that sold somewhere around 25 million. The Wii U is going to sell 30 million at the worst and 40 million at the highest.

Mr Khan said:
I still can't believe people are rationalizing Sony charging for online multiplayer. It's ridiculous on its face.

They need to, it's either that or let MS run away on the online front, because running a network is expensive. 

well...
I think that, at this time, we all should have learned something, after Wii, PS3, Xbox, Vita, 3DS launches and posterior sales.

Better not to start empty speculations. We all know that the market is shrinking slowly year after year and nobody can be sure how it will perform next year, when we will only have expensive devices on the market.

Let´s not jump on the hype train blindly.

Enjoy your games and consoles and respect other people who doesn´t share the same tastes, and have fun

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mensrea said:

Dude...the Xbox One has third party support...that alone has already solidified its victory over the Wii U. Seriously, thats one of the major reasons they outsold Nintendo even when they had a console that sold somewhere around 25 million. The Wii U is going to sell 30 million at the worst and 40 million at the highest.

Third party suppoert sure helped the Xbox 360 beat the Wii, oh wait....

The Wii U will be beating the Xbox One by next holiday.

I don't know I think Wii U can trounce the Xbox One, the Xbox Ones poor marketing outside America assures it.
Only releasing in 22 countries 14 at launch, cable capabilities only work in America at launch, the rest of the isn't as forgiving to Microsoft's policy stunt as Americans, 500$, 100$ more then main competitor. If you own a PS4 or Xbox One you won't buy the other your more likely to buy a Wii U.