By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza 5 Launch Trailer. Oh My God.

The game will be incredible for sure but that trailer was nothing special in my opinion.

The thing I like the most about the Forza games is that they're the only games that get the engine noises right, this one is sure to be no different.

Around the Network
jamesmarkus87 said:
Xbox fans, why do you not support this phenomenal racing franchise?

Becuse it has fewer cars and tracks than Forza 4.

As someone who's played this game. It doesn't look at good as this trailer does. Some of the stuff there is menu shots (still in game I guess...) But the game was really good.

dsage01 said:
Cool but I think GT6 will be a better game.
sub-zero-TM said:
Lol all in game footage, not all of it or maybe even none of it trust me i know, GT and Forza use this pre rendered BS all the time in the trailers. No doubt that the game will look awesome though but not like this.
Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:
Occulus Rift Shits all over this . And to be honest, the game is 1080p 60fps with severe texture cutdown.

Need for Speed looks better.

Wow, you guys just can't help yourselves. It's sad really. This thread isn't about Occulus Rift, GT6 or prerendered BS... These posts nearly make up half the thread...

Shinobi-san said:
Darth Tigris said:
PureDante said:

after 1:51 in that formula one-esque car...*jaw drool hits the floor* this will be a great, cheaper purchase whenever the halo 5 xbox one bundle releases. 

Yeah, that part MADE the trailer.  

awesome. Nice sense of speed there!

Imagine the rumble triggers while going full speed, braking or switching gears...that's what I felt at the Xbox One Tour..it's phenomenal.

Around the Network
ps3-sales! said:
Somebody please explain "cloud powered opponents".

Players will essentially have an AI that emulates how they race. The more they play, that AI is constantly updated to emulate their play style.

So lets say you want to play a friend but he's offline. Well you have the option to play his AI.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

one thing I hate about Forza games that is still showing here is the lighting, why is everything so yellow? , it makes the game less impressive and more instagramish looking , its the same as Forza 4 and Forza Horizon was the worst for that.

jamesmarkus87 said:
Xbox fans, why do you not support this phenomenal racing franchise?

Even without bundling, the 360 releases may have sold over 8 million units and counting. Throw in profits from DLC and the bundles help sell hardware.

There is a reason they keep making these games.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

ironmanDX said:
dsage01 said:
Cool but I think GT6 will be a better game.
sub-zero-TM said:
Lol all in game footage, not all of it or maybe even none of it trust me i know, GT and Forza use this pre rendered BS all the time in the trailers. No doubt that the game will look awesome though but not like this.
Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:
Occulus Rift Shits all over this . And to be honest, the game is 1080p 60fps with severe texture cutdown.

Need for Speed looks better.

Wow, you guys just can't help yourselves. It's sad really. This thread isn't about Occulus Rift, GT6 or prerendered BS... These posts nearly make up half the thread...

Are we not allowed to compare this game to other racing games? Just because we are on a thread about a Forza launch trailer doesn't mean that we can't compare it to other games or can't critize it can we?

dsage01 said:
ironmanDX said:

Are we not allowed to compare this game to other racing games? Just because we are on a thread about a Forza launch trailer doesn't mean that we can't compare it to other games or can't critize it can we?

Is it a Forza 5 vs GT 6 thread? No. You barely even made a comment on the trailer, just a vague "good".

Everyone, might as well whip your online penis' out and compare sizes!!

There's no need to make this anther MS Vs Sony thing. No need to try and start one. There will be threads about it when both games are released. Have you even played either of the games?