By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza 5 Launch Trailer. Oh My God.

Chris Hu said:
PullusPardus said:
one thing I hate about Forza games that is still showing here is the lighting, why is everything so yellow? , it makes the game less impressive and more instagramish looking , its the same as Forza 4 and Forza Horizon was the worst for that.

Are you serious Horizon had a great day and night cycle the only minor complain is that there is always a full moon at night and they could strech the cycle out a bit more for the second game other then that its one of the best cycles this gen for a console game right up there with Red Dead Revolver.

I don't think he's talking about the day/night transitions. He's talking about the fact that Forza has odd lighting that makes everything way too shiny and contrasted.

Around the Network
Normando said:
Chris Hu said:
PullusPardus said:
one thing I hate about Forza games that is still showing here is the lighting, why is everything so yellow? , it makes the game less impressive and more instagramish looking , its the same as Forza 4 and Forza Horizon was the worst for that.

Are you serious Horizon had a great day and night cycle the only minor complain is that there is always a full moon at night and they could strech the cycle out a bit more for the second game other then that its one of the best cycles this gen for a console game right up there with Red Dead Revolver.

I don't think he's talking about the day/night transitions. He's talking about the fact that Forza has odd lighting that makes everything way too shiny and contrasted.

If you have a major problem with the lighting in Forza games you can always adjust your picture on your TV I see no major problems with it.  If you want to race with not a lot of light stick to night time races in Horzion or only race on the Top Gear Test Track in FM4.

Looks awesome. Buying used though, can't support day one DLC shenanigans.

Chris Hu said:
Normando said:
Chris Hu said:
PullusPardus said:

If you have a major problem with the lighting in Forza games you can always adjust your picture on your TV I see no major problems with it.  If you want to race with not a lot of light stick to night time races in Horzion or only race on the Top Gear Test Track in FM4.

No no no, it's not a settings issue. It's simply the way they have done the light effects in the FM series. Even when it's cloudy or the cars are in the shade they are still oddly shiny. Of course you don't see any major problems with it...you don't see any problems with FM5 have 14 tracks either...I'm actually pretty sure FM5 could have 6 cars and 1 track and you wouldn't see a problem with it.

I would have liked more cars and tracks but only having 14 isn't a major deal breaker.  GT5: Prolouge had only 6 tracks and not many people had a major problem with it either or it wouldn't have sold over 4 million copies.  Also if you think the cars in Forza are too shiny crash them while racing problem solved.

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:

I would have liked more cars and tracks but only having 14 isn't a major deal breaker.  GT5: Prolouge had only 6 tracks and not many people had a major problem with it either or it wouldn't have sold over 4 million copies.  Also if you think the cars in Forza are too shiny crash them while racing problem solved.

They also didn't charge $60 for GT:P. The only reason people bought that is because they were tired of waiting for GT5. 14 tracks is not really enough if they expect people to play it for years. It's especially bad when there is a pretty good chance you will have to pay for any extra tracks that are added. Really? Crash them up?...Good god...

How much of this is actual gameplay?

"ALL IN-GAME FOOTAGE"

Thanks Turn 10.

Normando said:
Chris Hu said:

They also didn't charge $60 for GT:P. The only reason people bought that is because they were tired of waiting for GT5. 14 tracks is not really enough if they expect people to play it for years. It's especially bad when there is a pretty good chance you will have to pay for any extra tracks that are added. Really? Crash them up?...Good god...

Well I just thought of another solution to the shiny problem paint all your cars with matte paint which is available in FM3,4 and Horizon (not sure about FM2 haven't played it in a long time) it will make them look very ugly but it will solve most of the shiny problems.  But better yet just play the game in interior, first or hood view mode if its really that big of a problem to some people.  Also its really more then 14 tracks most of the tracks have more then one layout and the Circuit de la Sarthe (Le Mans) has an extra track since the Buggati Circuit is included.  For me the only major losses are Fujimi Kaido and Mugello Autodrome and maybe Suzuka Circuit all the other tracks that where dropped I wasn't a huge fan off.

ps3-sales! said:
JoeTheBro said:
ps3-sales! said:

Oh. So how does the kool-aid taste?

Ask yourself.

The cloud isn't going to upgrade graphics anytime soon, but drivatars works perfectly.

Really tempted to report that post, just fyi.

Go ahead? 

"Cloud powered oponents" is a PR term used to convince people of all this "next gen" technology, when really, it isn't. Games have been able to do this for a while. Maybe you should do some research before you blindly accept what is really defined as next gen, and then threaten to report somebody who actually knows what they are talking about.

I agree with what you're saying. This is something that could have been in done in the past, but for some reason we didn't see it at this level. The term "cloud powered opponents" is obviously for marketing purposes.

When I responded to you, I thought you were asking a genuine question. But its clear you were just looking to trash MS and you got a well deserved ban. My mistake and enjoy your ban.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

jigokutamago said:
How much of this is actual gameplay?

"ALL IN-GAME FOOTAGE"

Thanks Turn 10.

Yet we see people in this thread claiming the game doesn't look that good.

Turn 10 can't win.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)