By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - It is official, Xbox 360 has outsold PS3 worldwide

kabamarutr said:
Puppyroach said:
Darth Tigris said:
Ok. In the bigger picture it doesn't mean much, but ok. I haven't paid much attention the sites numbers in a long time and this is more proof as to why.

More important to me is that 2nd and 3rd place consoles have sold 80+ million this gen. What an amazing gen this has been. I really fear we will never have it this good again...

A very good point, it has been an amazing generation sales-wise.

Ι agree. Just compare the total number of consoles sold this gen to those sold during the previous gen. I believe it's roughly 100mil more, and wonder if RROD and YLOD has anything to do with it. Perhaps it is that Wii had "touched" some people who had never bought a console before and never will again.

They do have something to do with it, the ones that failed after waranty caused gamer minded people to either buy another one or buy the other system. I had to replace a 360 so retailers got two purchases from me, others more.

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)

Around the Network
Puppyroach said:
cookingyourmama said:
Puppyroach said:

What are you talking about? MS officially stated they had shipped 80mn by the end of september so what does that have to do with how buch they shipped in october, they haven´t released those figures?

If you are comparing MS shipped with VGC sold, you must realize that VGC´s numbers must be off and the 360 has sold higher than the VGC estimates in 2012 and first half of 2013. Best case scenario, I would say, is that 360 has shipped about 80.4mn at the end of november while PS3 has shipped 80mn. With sell-through around about 79.4 for 360 and 79.2-79.4 for PS3, this would still mean there are less PS3´s on shelves than 360´s but it would also mean that VGC has undertracked 360 with about 600-700k for 2012/first half of 2013 and overtracked PS3 with 400-500k for the same period.

This can possibly be explained by looking at other markets than USA, since we have a good estimate for that market.

EDIT. I meant at the end of October, not November, sorry :).

Your numbers are wrong. The 360 shipped 79.4m by the end of September, it shipped 80m by the 17th of October.

No, once again, read the official statement from the company instead of what games sites write: http://news.xbox.com/2013/10/xbox-360-sept-npd

MS are referring to the September NPD where they announced 80mn shipped. They announced this at the same time as the NPD numbers too, I guess, coincide with that announcment.

Facepalm. Nope read the official Microsoft fiscal reports which are for the end of September, it is a FACT stated by microsoft themeselves the xbox360 shipped 79.4m

Puppyroach said:

No, once again, read the official statement from the company instead of what games sites write: http://news.xbox.com/2013/10/xbox-360-sept-npd

MS are referring to the September NPD where they announced 80mn shipped. They announced this at the same time as the NPD numbers too, I guess, coincide with that announcment.

Wow... and then the financials came out and showed that it was only at 79.4. Get your facts right

Too_Talls said:
kabamarutr said:
Puppyroach said:
Darth Tigris said:
Ok. In the bigger picture it doesn't mean much, but ok. I haven't paid much attention the sites numbers in a long time and this is more proof as to why.

More important to me is that 2nd and 3rd place consoles have sold 80+ million this gen. What an amazing gen this has been. I really fear we will never have it this good again...

A very good point, it has been an amazing generation sales-wise.

Ι agree. Just compare the total number of consoles sold this gen to those sold during the previous gen. I believe it's roughly 100mil more, and wonder if RROD and YLOD has anything to do with it. Perhaps it is that Wii had "touched" some people who had never bought a console before and never will again.

They do have something to do with it, the ones that failed after waranty caused gamer minded people to either buy another one or buy the other system. I had to replace a 360 so retailers got two purchases from me, others more.

I know people that changed 2 PS360s (owning a total of 3). It simply can't be that 100mil gamers showed up out of nowhere!

This, I stole from grandpa...It's called soap.

front page back to normal, well that was a waste on time lol.

Edit: must of been my cookies or something. it was 80.4 just now, now its 79.7 again.

Around the Network
cookingyourmama said:
Puppyroach said:

Facepalm. Nope read the official Microsoft fiscal reports which are for the end of September, it is a FACT stated by microsoft themeselves the xbox360 shipped 79.4m

Oh, sorry, my bad :). So that means there is a difference of two weeks between the statements meaning MS must have made some big shipments at the beginning of October, in time for christmas perhaps?

oooh i see now ps3 down 80 to 79,7 suddenly. And 360 is same units 78,8? OMG Is not logical anyway and start the doubt
the veracity of this great web online since many years...

Puppyroach said:
cookingyourmama said:
Puppyroach said:

Oh, sorry, my bad :). So that means there is a difference of two weeks between the statements meaning MS must have made some big shipments at the beginning of October, in time for christmas perhaps?

Yeah probably, 600,000 in two weeks so far.

I don't care who wins lol. I care about who will have the most systems in my area for online play. and obviously MS has a firm grasp on that market for the moment.

I'm so confused. Didn't I just lock this thread?

Wait... the OP made two threads about the exact same topic. I see now.

From the other thread:

At this point I'm going to close this thread. VGChartz states that PS3 has sold more to consumers while both MS and Sony have said that they've shipped 80 million consoles to retailers.

There's really no point in discussing this topic further, as attitudes have slowly gotten more and more toxic as this thread progressed.