By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo 4 - What Happened?

Tagged games:

Halo 4 was the best FPS released last gen period. I did not really get into the multiplayer but the single player was amazing.

Around the Network

A lot of competition compared to when it was early in the gen with Halo 3. It was still one of the most played games this year regardless of the competition.

As for Halo 4 in general, great game but id like to see them go back to weapon spawning rather than ordinance drops.

343 outsourcing the balls out of this game to a bunch of generic developers is what lead to Halo 4's downfall.

JayWood2010 said:
A lot of competition compared to when it was early in the gen with Halo 3. It was still one of the most played games this year regardless of the competition.

As for Halo 4 in general, great game but id like to see them go back to weapon spawning rather than ordinance drops.

Its really not doing too well in 2013, or at least it wasnt when we last got the charts from Nelson for the week of Sept 30th. It was sitting in 13th place, behind 3 Call of Duty games, 2 Battlefield games, 2 GTA games, 2 FIFA games, Minecraft, NFL and Ascend.

http://majornelson.com/2013/10/10/live-activity-for-week-of-sept-30-2/

Halo 4 was fun for a short while, but man did that game get boring quickly. It tried to be too CoD, rather than Halo. Removing Firefight sucked arse too. It felt like a step backwards and to the side, rather than a step forwards for the franchise. Just couldnt really get into the online.

Campaign was fun though.

JayWood2010 said:

They made a 'Legendary Slayer' playlist which has the normal weapon spawning from previous Halo titles. It's just too bad they added it way too late and no one cares anymore.

Around the Network
hollabackenny said:
JayWood2010 said:

They made a 'Legendary Slayer' playlist which has the normal weapon spawning from previous Halo titles. It's just too bad they added it way too late and no one cares anymore.

Yeah it has been a while since I've played it.  I really did enjoy it but the Ordinance drops really messed with the flow of the game.  Weapon spawns makes people move around and it reduces camping.  

But because ordincance drops and the early maps it just became camping on so many levels. Kind of annoying.  Im hoping they dont do that again.

Carl2291 said:
JayWood2010 said:

Its really not doing too well in 2013, or at least it wasnt when we last got the charts from Nelson for the week of Sept 30th. It was sitting in 13th place, behind 3 Call of Duty games, 2 Battlefield games, 2 GTA games, 2 FIFA games, Minecraft, NFL and Ascend.

http://majornelson.com/2013/10/10/live-activity-for-week-of-sept-30-2/

Halo 4 was fun for a short while, but man did that game get boring quickly. It tried to be too CoD, rather than Halo. Removing Firefight sucked arse too. It felt like a step backwards and to the side, rather than a step forwards for the franchise. Just couldnt really get into the online.

Campaign was fun though.

Being 13th and 11 months old really isnt bad.  But yes bring back firefight would be great.  Spartan Ops is cool but Halo 4 had some lag issues on coop for a lot of people including me.

I think it was the best halo in many ways and the worst in others

Also glad to see Gears 3 still in the top 20 xD

It seems like the shooter fan are playing military games now. There are hundreds of thousands of people playing CoD games at any given moment. BF has been doing great as well.

For what its worth, there are still plenty of people playing Halo and it remains one of the most active online games. So lets not act like the series is dead. The daily peak on Halo 4 is around 20K, so that means you can still find thousands of people playing at any given moment.

I saw someone playing Halo 3 the other day and there were nearly 10K people playing online.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

JayWood2010 said:
hollabackenny said:
JayWood2010 said:

Yeah it has been a while since I've played it.  I really did enjoy it but the Ordinance drops really messed with the flow of the game.  Weapon spawns makes people move around and it reduces camping.  

But because ordincance drops and the early maps it just became camping on so many levels. Kind of annoying.  Im hoping they dont do that again.

I'd suggest checking it out but last time I was on there were like 40 people in that playlist. They didn't advertise it enough on the dashboard or anything which is a shame but it is still fun. Brings back controlling sections of the map and not everyone can spawn a rocket or sniper like with regular halo 4 slayer.

Mr Puggsly said:
It seems like the shooter fan are playing military games now. There are hundreds of thousands of people playing CoD games at any given moment. BF has been doing great as well.

For what its worth, there are still plenty of people playing Halo and it remains one of the most active online games. So lets not act like the series is dead. The daily peak on Halo 4 is around 20K, so that means you can still find thousands of people playing at any given moment.

I saw someone playing Halo 3 the other day and there were nearly 10K people playing online.

Yeah, I saw around 50K on Halo 3 the other week after it went free with Gold. Was cool to see. I still play Halo 3 numerous times a year.