By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Deus Ex Human Revolution: Director's Cut Flops on PS3 and 360 in UK(WiiU not better)

What shoud have Square Enix done?

Exactly what they actually did 21 15.00%

Keep it as WiiU only 59 42.14%

Make it digital only 9 6.43%

Never remaking the game 42 30.00%

Sticking with what they d... 6 4.29%

Total:137
Kwaidd said:

Got it for the "U" and it's a fantastic game.  Was not thrilled about the price being more than the other versions, but after playing...it has been worth every penny.

I got mine off of Steam for 5 euros... I agree though, Human Revolution is an amazing game, and that's certainly not something I say about a lof of 7th gen titles.

Around the Network

This is a rerelease of an old game...

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

WagnerPaiva said:
The WiiU is a new console and Deus Ex is a old game, I have it on my PS3, bought one year ago and the game was already in bargain bins, it is been on the market for a while.
So, the PS360 owners already have the game, but it is attractive to WiiU owners because the console library is still yong and need some cool games.
Hell, WiiU owners are praising a 8 years old Zelda game like it is the second coming of Jesus Christ, it makes sense to me that you guys get crazy about this (decent game) Deus Ex.

It's 10 years old thank you very much! :P

Even so, just because its old doesn't mean its not still a great game. Though the people expecting it to push the Wii U in any meaningful way were a bit nuts.

RavenXtra said:
WagnerPaiva said:
The WiiU is a new console and Deus Ex is a old game, I have it on my PS3, bought one year ago and the game was already in bargain bins, it is been on the market for a while.
So, the PS360 owners already have the game, but it is attractive to WiiU owners because the console library is still yong and need some cool games.
Hell, WiiU owners are praising a 8 years old Zelda game like it is the second coming of Jesus Christ, it makes sense to me that you guys get crazy about this (decent game) Deus Ex.

It's 10 years old thank you very much! :P

Even so, just because its old doesn't mean its not still a great game. Though the people expecting it to push the Wii U in any meaningful way were a bit nuts.

That is where you are wrong, it IS PUSHING a lot of hardware, the WiiU sales doubled in the last weeks.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

I have the original on PS3 via +, so I'll buy this edition since it is updated and hard copy.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Around the Network

In my opinion Square Enix should have done exactly what they did, except the Wii U version should have been priced the same as the PS3/X360 version.

Many people interested in trying the game on Wii U, are simply going to wait until the price drops to point of price parity between the different consoles.

Weedlab said:
I have the original on PS3 via +, so I'll buy this edition since it is updated and hard copy.

So i'm guessing that you voted Only Wii U or Never Making the game am i right

i think SE did a mistake simply making the games

bet with ash3336 he wins if Super Mario 3D World sells less than Mario Sunshine during the first three years, I win if 3D World outsells Sunshine's first 3 years. Loser get sig controlled for 3 months (punishment might change)

Do you doubt the WiiU? Do you believe that it won't match the GC?

Then come and accept this bet

Nintendo eShop USA sales ranking 2/12/2013 : http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=173615

cusman said:

In my opinion Square Enix should have done exactly what they did, except the Wii U version should have been priced the same as the PS3/X360 version.

Many people interested in trying the game on Wii U, are simply going to wait until the price drops to point of price parity between the different consoles.

They should have made 2 changes, first one is a closer price difference, 10 dollars is ok for me, but 20 is just too much, I am waiting for the price to come down. Second they should ahve released in a less busy week, maybe on the first week of october? last of september?

Ninjahound101 said:
Weedlab said:

So i'm guessing that you voted Only Wii U or Never Making the game am i right

i think SE did a mistake simply making the games

Since I didn't even vote ... no.

I did enjoy the game, but since I never experienced the Deus Ex universe before I was not compelled to play it. When I tried it on + I found it was a decent game, and that's why I'm going to get it. I'm happy for any update of a game I'm interested in really. I'm just a little disappointed when they don' even break even to encourage similar projects in the future. I welcome the improvements in this ver.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Well on steam it has around 2000 user peak which mean it will sell around 20,000 first month if general rule vague rule applies (10x peak concurrent). At 5 dollars.

This game wasn't even redone by eidos Montreal.  It was outsourced to Straight Right. Not sure if it will be profitable or not. But this isnt really a big deal either way.