By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Deus Ex Human Revolution: Director's Cut Flops on PS3 and 360 in UK(WiiU not better)

What shoud have Square Enix done?

Exactly what they actually did 21 15.00%

Keep it as WiiU only 59 42.14%

Make it digital only 9 6.43%

Never remaking the game 42 30.00%

Sticking with what they d... 6 4.29%

Total:137

Everyone who was interested already played the game, it's been available for free on PS+ in both Europe and in the US, and for a short period of time, the Wii U version was announced as getting the Director's Cut as an exclusive.

There's a reason it didn't sell on the PS360 and being named an exclusive at one time, may have pushed more copies than it would have had otherwise.

Around the Network

Square Enix said they delayed it because fans WANTED/ASKED for it for current gen. I think they were just afraid of poor wii u sales. Funny how now they got poor sales all around for the game. They probably would have sold more copies on wii u if they released on time. Not saying it would have made a significant difference on wii u if not delayed, but wii u owners were starving for a good game back in may.

Why release it at a time when so many great games are being released?

I just hope they don't use this as a reason not to support Wii U in the future.

biglittlesps said:
Everybody already bought this game in PS3 and Xbox360, so how do you expect them to buy this again. Wii U is getting this for first time and also users expecting some games in Wii U so they are going to give it a try and I won't expect this game did great in Wii U.

So all PS3 and Xbox-Players combined (160 million) bought the game already? Huh ...

Great thread.

Its gonna struggle to match the multi-million selling Deus Ex: Human Revolution on PS3 and 360 thats for sure.

Shortiloe said:
biglittlesps said:
Everybody already bought this game in PS3 and Xbox360, so how do you expect them to buy this again. Wii U is getting this for first time and also users expecting some games in Wii U so they are going to give it a try and I won't expect this game did great in Wii U.

So all PS3 and Xbox-Players combined (160 million) bought the game already? Huh ...

No those interested by the game bought it already not all 160 million owners are into deus ex you know, just like not all 160 million bought gta v

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network
Gehirnkrampf said:
so it didn't flop on the wiiu?

Actual numbers sure it flopped but WiiU UK measures not really, it didn't do well at all but it didn't flop

bet with ash3336 he wins if Super Mario 3D World sells less than Mario Sunshine during the first three years, I win if 3D World outsells Sunshine's first 3 years. Loser get sig controlled for 3 months (punishment might change)

Do you doubt the WiiU? Do you believe that it won't match the GC?

Then come and accept this bet

Nintendo eShop USA sales ranking 2/12/2013 : http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=173615

biglittlesps said:

Check the poll you'll see my point

bet with ash3336 he wins if Super Mario 3D World sells less than Mario Sunshine during the first three years, I win if 3D World outsells Sunshine's first 3 years. Loser get sig controlled for 3 months (punishment might change)

Nintendo eShop USA sales ranking 2/12/2013 : http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=173615

The WiiU is a new console and Deus Ex is a old game, I have it on my PS3, bought one year ago and the game was already in bargain bins, it is been on the market for a while.
So, the PS360 owners already have the game, but it is attractive to WiiU owners because the console library is still yong and need some cool games.
Hell, WiiU owners are praising a 8 years old Zelda game like it is the second coming of Jesus Christ, it makes sense to me that you guys get crazy about this (decent game) Deus Ex.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

i expected around 10K PS3, 12K XB360 and 1K WiiU

It seems as if it has hit the WiiU 1K iexpected but fell off in the 360 and PS3 estimate, anyway i just made the thread to ask if putting it on PS3 and 360 was a good idea

I never got the idea of re-releasing it but i wanted to see what you thought

So, the PS3 and 360, selling a lot more software total, bumped a re-release of a game down the list, farther down than the Wii U version which has basically nothing to compete with and poor sales overall? The PS3 version of GTA V alone has sold more than twice the entire amount of software the Wii U has moved for six months.

What a complete shocker.