By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Deus Ex Human Revolution: Director's Cut Flops on PS3 and 360 in UK(WiiU not better)

What shoud have Square Enix done?

Exactly what they actually did 21 15.00%

Keep it as WiiU only 59 42.14%

Make it digital only 9 6.43%

Never remaking the game 42 30.00%

Sticking with what they d... 6 4.29%

Total:137
Ninjahound101 said:

i expected around 10K PS3, 12K XB360 and 1K WiiU

It seems as if it has hit the WiiU 1K iexpected but fell off in the 360 and PS3 estimate, anyway i just made the thread to ask if putting it on PS3 and 360 was a good idea

I never got the idea of re-releasing it but i wanted to see what you thought

But why? Like others have said there is no need for PS360 owners to pick this up ....

Around the Network
Seece said:
Ninjahound101 said:

i expected around 10K PS3, 12K XB360 and 1K WiiU

It seems as if it has hit the WiiU 1K iexpected but fell off in the 360 and PS3 estimate, anyway i just made the thread to ask if putting it on PS3 and 360 was a good idea

I never got the idea of re-releasing it but i wanted to see what you thought

But why? Like others have said there is no need for PS360 owners to pick this up ....

I felt as if that's the bare mnimum it was going to achieve because of how many comments i saw about  people wanting it on 360 and PS3 when it was WiiU only, after i made my prediction i forgot about the game until its release

if you couldn't guess i am not the greatest predictor out there

bet with ash3336 he wins if Super Mario 3D World sells less than Mario Sunshine during the first three years, I win if 3D World outsells Sunshine's first 3 years. Loser get sig controlled for 3 months (punishment might change)

Do you doubt the WiiU? Do you believe that it won't match the GC?

Then come and accept this bet

Nintendo eShop USA sales ranking 2/12/2013 : http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=173615

forest-spirit said:
The game flopped on all consoles period. No "did OK when you take something something into account". It flopped. The End.

Actually taking this and that into account is the most important thing

for example God of War selling 1 Million (example) is a flop but something like Beyond Two Souls reaching that is a success

A game selling 500K on PS3 is a mediocre success but on Vita it's a smash hit why because of its performance relative to the install base

Since UK is Nintendo's weakest market i saw it a bit of a surprise to see it anywhere on the WiiU list

bet with ash3336 he wins if Super Mario 3D World sells less than Mario Sunshine during the first three years, I win if 3D World outsells Sunshine's first 3 years. Loser get sig controlled for 3 months (punishment might change)

Nintendo eShop USA sales ranking 2/12/2013 : http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=173615

If the D.C. retail version flops on 360 and PS3, they have still the option to offer it as DLC...
just like the Steam version.

Many owners of the normal version would upgrade for a fair price.

Conina said:
If the D.C. retail version flops on 360 and PS3, they have still the option to offer it as DLC...

I Agree

Around the Network

It's basically Rayman Legends all over again with the added pain (Or is it a relief? Less work wasted.) of being an enhanced re-release, rather than a new title.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Got it for the "U" and it's a fantastic game.  Was not thrilled about the price being more than the other versions, but after playing...it has been worth every penny.

Conina said:

They did on PC. £4 for upgrade if you owned the original game + missing link DLC.

famousringo said:
It's basically Rayman Legends all over again with the added pain (Or is it a relief? Less work wasted.) of being an enhanced re-release, rather than a new title.

True, but with Rayman it was a new game if this was a new Deus Ex that started as WiiU only then got announced for PS3 and 360(this scenario will never happen) then it would be smart but here they are repeating what MGS the Legacy collection did tapping into the same fanbase that already has the game

Global Total as of 26th Oct 2013 (units): 1.16m on PS3. Now add all the digital sales, it was on sale on PSN multiple times and also it was offered as FREE on PSN+. At the moment you can buy as digital download the original for 14.99 and the directors cut for 29.99. I can only see collectors buying a hard copy for this