By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mass cancellation of Xbox One pre-orders?

dane007 said:
allblue said:
dane007 said:
you gto to be a stupid gamer to cancel your preorder cause the launch games are rushed and don't meet the 1080p. Seriously what have gamers become. What happened to simply enjoy a game regardless on how it looks.?

In the same logic you can ask what the future holds iif games are showing this much difference in multiplats at launch already. PS4 can do it at launch, why not xbox one? 

Its not being a stupid gamer, but rather being a smart consumer with standards. $500 for a console which doesn't garantee 1080p is not justified the price, $300 maybe. 

You can say xboxone full potential will be unlocked later when the devs familiarised themselves with the system but that goes for the PS4 too. 

Difference in BF is very small and i can easily say Ryse alone can comepete with games like KZ and infamous .. That game alone proves XO is not as weak as people claim it to be. Its obvious that XO version of Ghost was rushed just to meet the deadline . If given more time i am sure it could have easily targeted 1080p. Have console gamers these days become graphic whores that which machIne to buy at launch is determien on how  many games can do 1080p at launch? What happen to the old days ,, where its all about gameplay and about having fun rather then how many pixels it can push lol.  It seems like people have forgotten about the early days of teh PS3 wher the multiplats difference for teh first years were huge . everythign to  unplayable fram rate, resoution , textur detail, blurry  , lower AA and so on and the machine was 600 at launch. Despite all of that ,, lot of gamers still bought the machine  at launch. At least with XO its playable and the graphics can hold its ground against the PS4   and the difference in multiplats is neglible at best. The package you get at 500 with XO is really good as theres potential with what you cna do with OS and kinect . Yeah i know alot you hate kinect but  you can't deny its potential. It just needs someone to make a proper game thats not casusal and thats not dancing lol.

"You can say xboxone full potential will be unlocked later when the devs familiarised themselves with the system but that goes for the PS4 too. " Sure you can say that ,, but to deny the fact that XO is a competitor  to the PS4 because of launch games unable to push X amount of pixels,, just shows pure ignorance and fanboyism. A true gamer is someone who can enjoy games that the  platforms provides without caring how many pixels its pushing :D 

And there is not only Ryse which looks awesome, Forza 5 too looks gorgeous and it runs in 1080p and 60 fps.

Around the Network
Ouroboros24 said:
dane007 said:
you gto to be a stupid gamer to cancel your preorder cause the launch games are rushed and don't meet the 1080p. Seriously what have gamers become. What happened to simply enjoy a game regardless on how it looks.?

You wanna know what happened to gamers?  Lingo like 'Next-gen', 1080p, 120fps.  Shows like Bonus Round, Pach-attack, Annoyed Gamers, Final bosman. 

What do they all have in common?  Information.  We know so much about this stuff nowadays that we're so vain and something that would have wowed us 10 years ago only registers a 2 on the gamer's scale and it's a low score not because it's not amazing, but because we've been spoiled.  Everyone is a pundit for whatever cause they're selfishly pushing.  And when we get a decent game, when we get a shiny thing from the dirt clod that's mired in ash and soot, we're given a glimpse of something else shiny and untested and we forget.  Nintendo was right; gimme gimme gimme. 

Yeah gamers these days remind me of those spoilt rich teenagers who always wants more but can't appreciate what they have and enjoy it. Miss the days of SNES where we  just put in a catridge containing 76 games in one and playing games like excite bike and circus charlie. Those games didn't have aweosme graphics,, but damn those games were alot of fun to play . Even to this day they are still alot of fun to play :D 

Give me some numbers OP, or change the misleading title to "Xbox one preorders cancelled due to outrage on twitter".
Otherwise I feel it's safe to assume this thread is in response to that other premature titled thread that had to do with PS4's being cancelled...

Grandia said:

Why Sonyfanboys have to constantly make shittstorms and crap threads about competitors every day? They really take my whole enjoyment for this next console generation.

Why they can't just be happy about the games they get and be happy for the other gamers on other consoles and for their games they get?

PS4 fanboys should make insted of all the crap blogs blogs about games like Ryse where they appreciate that it is a really nice looking interesting game and whis xbox fans a good time with the game and they should make bolgs about wiiu's Super Mario 3D World where they wish WiiU guys a awesome time with the game.

This would be a nice community where I really would love to be part of, enjoying the own games like Infamous second son it looks amazing and be happy for the others too for their awesome games.

Why do you have to enter those threads? Just ignore them, or stick to xbox.com, I'm sure everyone there is agreeing with each other, rainbows, Ryse and so on.

Why do Xbox fanboys always have to complain so much? It's really annoying. Always playing the victims card. I wanted to get a Xbone this gen. Ok I didn't, there are better alternatives. But after those few recent months I'm sure I won't ever get it. I never want to be a part of the community that part are Xbox fans from this site and I've met on the internet.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

I need proof that those people were actually xbox fans to begin with.

If this was true, the couple of hours yesterday of re-opened Xbox One pre-orders would have been for Day One consoles. Instead they were for Standard consoles. Early second wave that will release on launch day.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network

cancellations are understandable

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

1=mass?

I agree with the reason for cancellation. The lack of pixels is a serious issue nowadays in videogames.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

superchunk said:
All this crying over pixels is fucking pathetic.

720p gaming on new hardware after 8 years of mostly 720p gaming is rather embarrassing. The outburst would be the same if the PS4 version was also 720p. I honestly think 900p is also unacceptable, but whatever.

dane007 said:
allblue said:
dane007 said:

In the same logic you can ask what the future holds iif games are showing this much difference in multiplats at launch already. PS4 can do it at launch, why not xbox one? 

Its not being a stupid gamer, but rather being a smart consumer with standards. $500 for a console which doesn't garantee 1080p is not justified the price, $300 maybe. 

You can say xboxone full potential will be unlocked later when the devs familiarised themselves with the system but that goes for the PS4 too. 

Difference in BF is very small and i can easily say Ryse alone can comepete with games like KZ and infamous .. That game alone proves XO is not as weak as people claim it to be. Its obvious that XO version of Ghost was rushed just to meet the deadline . If given more time i am sure it could have easily targeted 1080p. Have console gamers these days become graphic whores that which machIne to buy at launch is determien on how  many games can do 1080p at launch? What happen to the old days ,, where its all about gameplay and about having fun rather then how many pixels it can push lol.  It seems like people have forgotten about the early days of teh PS3 wher the multiplats difference for teh first years were huge . everythign to  unplayable fram rate, resoution , textur detail, blurry  , lower AA and so on and the machine was 600 at launch. Despite all of that ,, lot of gamers still bought the machine  at launch. At least with XO its playable and the graphics can hold its ground against the PS4   and the difference in multiplats is neglible at best. The package you get at 500 with XO is really good as theres potential with what you cna do with OS and kinect . Yeah i know alot you hate kinect but  you can't deny its potential. It just needs someone to make a proper game thats not casusal and thats not dancing lol.

"You can say xboxone full potential will be unlocked later when the devs familiarised themselves with the system but that goes for the PS4 too. " Sure you can say that ,, but to deny the fact that XO is a competitor  to the PS4 because of launch games unable to push X amount of pixels,, just shows pure ignorance and fanboyism. A true gamer is someone who can enjoy games that the  platforms provides without caring how many pixels its pushing :D 

You seem to forget that the PS3 was being outsold by the 360 when it was at $600 with all those problems you mentioned above. There is no deny that kinect has a lot of potentiel. But until that potentiel is unlock, I just don't see myself buying it yet and specially not at $500.

"A true gamer" for me is someone who hold at least 2 gen system and maybe 1 Handled if you can afford it.. Otherwise you are just a regular gamer.