By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mass cancellation of Xbox One pre-orders?

Licence said:
superchunk said:
All this crying over pixels is fucking pathetic.

+1

+2

Around the Network
Osc89 said:
BenVTrigger said:
Osc89 said:
BenVTrigger said:
This is 100% grade A bullshit.

I have logged in for the first time in MONTHS just to squash this pointless OP

How can you squash it?

By who I am.

Im not saying X1 will outsell PS4 by any means but suggessting the X1 is taking large scale cancelations is blatantly false. In fact its quite the opposit.

Oh, do you work in retail or something?

Gamestop if I'm not mistaken. Could be wrong

Ok, Xbox One is dead before arrival. 9087, are you happy?

Nah, it'll be incredibly insignificant. Same as the mass PS4 preorder cancel as well. People just naturally change their mind, it's nothing unusual.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

soclone said:
Osc89 said:
BenVTrigger said:

By who I am.

Im not saying X1 will outsell PS4 by any means but suggessting the X1 is taking large scale cancelations is blatantly false. In fact its quite the opposit.

Oh, do you work in retail or something?

Gamestop if I'm not mistaken. Could be wrong

Would explain how he can be sure. I'm not surprised it isn't true, they are probably just venting their frustration. They would be better off complaining about something that can actually be fixed, rather than the power of the console.

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

Around the Network
dane007 said:
you gto to be a stupid gamer to cancel your preorder cause the launch games are rushed and don't meet the 1080p. Seriously what have gamers become. What happened to simply enjoy a game regardless on how it looks.?

You wanna know what happened to gamers?  Lingo like 'Next-gen', 1080p, 120fps.  Shows like Bonus Round, Pach-attack, Annoyed Gamers, Final bosman. 

What do they all have in common?  Information.  We know so much about this stuff nowadays that we're so vain and something that would have wowed us 10 years ago only registers a 2 on the gamer's scale and it's a low score not because it's not amazing, but because we've been spoiled.  Everyone is a pundit for whatever cause they're selfishly pushing.  And when we get a decent game, when we get a shiny thing from the dirt clod that's mired in ash and soot, we're given a glimpse of something else shiny and untested and we forget.  Nintendo was right; gimme gimme gimme. 

9087 said:

http://www.product-reviews.net/2013/10/30/cod-ghosts-720p-on-xbox-one-fans-want-to-cancel-pre-orders/

Looking at twitter it seems like a lot of Xbox gamers are unhappy over this. Not just the fact that COD is 720p on Xbox One, but the hardware implications this has and the fact that MS lied to them. 

i dont think ms lied to me, not sure where you get that.

I am pretty disappointed in this round of news though. 720P COD was much worse than 720P BF4 (which was bad enough).

720P X1 BF4 actually looks objectively better and sharper than the 900P PS4 version imo. So even though it was disapointing from a power perspective, it could be dealt with from a practical perspective. Also the gap between 720P and 900P is not as much.

With Ghosts, the gap between X1/PS4, 720P/1080P  is obviously bigger. It's incredibly disappointing X1 couldn't manage 900P at least.

On the plus side, I still see the exclusives are putting out great graphics at >720P. Ryse at 900P and Forza 5 at 1080P 60 FPS. So that gives me hope in the system for the future.

$500 is so much money and I'm even considering not picking up my preordered X1.

In order to be vindicated, X1 needs to at least move up to 900P (vs 1080 PS4) on future major releases. But who knows if that will happen (I kind of expect it will).

MS deserves this. They were so stupid to not understand the importance of power, and think they can charge $500 for a weak box  because of Kinect. They should have enabled those redundant 2CU's they were thinking about at least.

I still like the Xbox controller so much better and dont kid yourself, the online system of Microsoft just puts Sony to shame and will continue to despite any FUD. That's really why so many hardcores stick in the Xbox ecosystem, because it's so much easier to communicate with others on it. So they have that. But we will see.

I still think worst case, MS can repackage the system as a 299 gaming focused box and they'd do well (albeit lose some money on hardware). This is NOT the Wii U, it has a good deal of power, even if apparantely not as much as the PS4, and thus will maintain appeal.

BenVTrigger said:
Osc89 said:
BenVTrigger said:
This is 100% grade A bullshit.

I have logged in for the first time in MONTHS just to squash this pointless OP

How can you squash it?

By who I am.

Don't worry about it you may have missed selnors mass cancellation ps4 thread when drive club was delayed. This looks to be a retaliation thread based on similar Twitter evidence only. 

soclone said:
Licence said:
superchunk said:

+1

+2

You are missing the point here folks. You are paying more and getting less.

Frank_kc said:
soclone said:
Licence said:
superchunk said:

+1

+2

You are missing the point here folks. You are paying more and getting less.

Why I am getting less? I get a console with almost the same power plus the kinect cam, I get all multiplatform game and all the xbox exclusive games. I don't see the getting less for paying more.

And a huge pluse I don't have all the Neogaf Sonynerds on the same plattform as me, this point is actually be the biggest system seller.