By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mass cancellation of Xbox One pre-orders?

Probably a total of 5 people cancelled their pre orders, Most fans are just venting and will still buy it anyway.

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:
allblue said:

I managed to convert my best friend on 360 to PC, he was a typical dude bro but he has heard about the initial DRM and 720p scandals. He now games on an alienware rig. I don't think it will have major impact to the general audience/casual crowd immediately but what word of mouth will do in future we will have to wait and see.

Nice, would you recommend Alienware for high end gaming?

No no lol, he went ahead and bought it himself. If I had known, I would build a PC for him but I was away to University at that time. Bruxel just built his own very first PC, he's immensely satisfied and happy that he built it instead of buying it. Its cheaper and you get better specs than buying a pre-built one :)

Here his thread: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=170742&page=1# There are a lot of high end PC users on this forum like Pemalite, CGI, Frequency. Don't ever buy a pre-built PC :)

(I can build one and I've only ever gamed on PC since nintendo 64. I consider my PC to be a high-end gaming spec but nothing ultra hardcore like those guys above. The rigs those guys have is overkill for the upcoming gen. 

Intel core i7 930 OC @ 4.0 ghz

XFX Double dissipation Radeon HD 7950 356 bit 3gb GDDR5 OC @ 1150 MHz core + 1575 x 4 memory

Triple channel DDR 3 12gb RAM 1600 MHz

It wont be preorders that are affected, if anything itll be slowly down the line.. the ones who preorder are pretty dedicated..

its the dude bros and the kids that want "the best" which will cause all kinds of pissing matchs. The fans of each console will jump all over there favorite no matter what and they are the ones with preorders

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

allblue said:
NobleTeam360 said:
allblue said:

I managed to convert my best friend on 360 to PC, he was a typical dude bro but he has heard about the initial DRM and 720p scandals. He now games on an alienware rig. I don't think it will have major impact to the general audience/casual crowd immediately but what word of mouth will do in future we will have to wait and see.

No no lol, he went ahead and bought it himself. If I had known, I would build a PC for him but I was away to University at that time. Bruxel just built his own very first PC, he's immensely satisfied and happy that he built it instead of buying it. Its cheaper and you get better specs than buying a pre-built one :)

Here his thread: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=170742&page=1# There are a lot of high end PC users on this forum like Pemalite, CGI, Frequency. Don't ever buy a pre-built PC :)

(I can build one and I've only ever gamed on PC since nintendo 64. I consider my PC to be a high-end gaming spec but nothing ultra hardcore at those guys above. The rigs those guys have is overkill for the upcoming gen. 

Thanks for the tip I've been wanting to get into PC gaming for a while now. 

NobleTeam360 said:
allblue said:

I wouldn't, self-build customs are allways the best option. some shops have part-picker available and offer buiding service for you too for a lot cheaper than getting a straight up alienware/origin/etc setup.

Around the Network

Wait..so people can argue that they're buying a PS4 for the "long term" but can't say it for the X1? Seems like there's a lot of bias flying around here.

This is such a dumb thread.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

superchunk said:
All this crying over pixels is fucking pathetic.

+1

Osc89 said:
BenVTrigger said:
This is 100% grade A bullshit.

I have logged in for the first time in MONTHS just to squash this pointless OP

How can you squash it?

By who I am.

Im not saying X1 will outsell PS4 by any means but suggessting the X1 is taking large scale cancelations is blatantly false. In fact its quite the opposit.

BenVTrigger said:
Osc89 said:
BenVTrigger said:
This is 100% grade A bullshit.

I have logged in for the first time in MONTHS just to squash this pointless OP

How can you squash it?

By who I am.

Im not saying X1 will outsell PS4 by any means but suggessting the X1 is taking large scale cancelations is blatantly false. In fact its quite the opposit.

Oh, do you work in retail or something?

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89