By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Holy Hell. This is a Launch title??? New Ryse Trailer.

PullusPardus said:
question, why do romans always portrayed with perfect english and sound like crusaders from Britannia and Saxon.

Becasue they always sound that way, it's expected now.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

Around the Network
selnor1983 said:

Your prayers are answered. 

Next week live on Microsoft Twitter account, Crytek will be showing Singleplayer final build of Ryse. Cant wait. Apparantly now, every cut in combat bleeds out realistically whilst combat is going on. This game is gonna look insane.

And let's just hope this feed will be better than the battle moves that were utter crap in the last ms twitter feed.

Seriously, people, we have seen that both consoles struggle with titles like BF4, and cut corners on every game so far, to make it run reasonably well. Thinking that Ryse WONT'T CUT corners here and there because of some magical code that NOBODY ELSE is aware of is slightly irritating..

While that trailer looks great, I'll wait for reviews or 100% gameplay videos. Could be a hidden gem if it turns out great.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

This looks great! Really excited about the game.

I hope they do history like the Assassin's Creed has historical building and stuff. I really like that aspect. Would be cool to do some sight seeing in 2,000 years ago Rome.

And if it looks this good as a launch title, looking forward to what it will look like later on too.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

drkohler said:
selnor1983 said:

Next week live on Microsoft Twitter account, Crytek will be showing Singleplayer final build of Ryse. Cant wait. Apparantly now, every cut in combat bleeds out realistically whilst combat is going on. This game is gonna look insane.

And let's just hope this feed will be better than the battle moves that were utter crap in the last ms twitter feed.

Seriously, people, we have seen that both consoles struggle with titles like BF4, and cut corners on every game so far, to make it run reasonably well. Thinking that Ryse WONT'T CUT corners here and there because of some magical code that NOBODY ELSE is aware of is slightly irritating..

So you claim a developer that has been working only on Xbox One hardware from the first dev kit will not know the system better than a developer building multiplatform? The build we watched was an old build with no blood for a start. As Crytek TOLD you. It was also the beginning of the multiplayer, in which the player has only a few moves available. Later the player will have I believe 100 or so they can earn/learn throug EXP. 

The multiplayer sounds really fun actually. 

Ryse isnt cutting corners. Crytek already said its more advanced than anything Crysis 3 was doing. Balancing and Cutting corners arent the same thing. Ryse will be optimized as much as possible on Xbox One for Launch. Ryse 2 will go even further. 

Are you claiming Halo 5 will cut corners? Or will Halo 5 be maximising the hardware in Xmas 2014?

Around the Network
selnor1983 said:
Munkeh111 said:
selnor1983 said:
Munkeh111 said:
Wagram said:
Knew it was a Selnor thread!

Yeah, nobody else writes threads with such over the top titles

Anyway, I know it is the same engine for game and cut scenes, but that doesn't mean they don't need to show gameplay. You can see the cinematics look better than the in game stuff (it was more clear in the previous trailer), but the only way to win the graphics crown is with gameplay

Cant see a single difference apart from camera angle. Also this trailer has more gameplay in it thatn the last one. 

I want actual gameplay, not "gameplay trailers"

I want more stuff like they showed at E3 where they actually showed footage of somebody playing the game

they should have a blood gallon counter in that game :D

Wagram said:
Knew it was a Selnor thread!

Ditto.

Torillian said:
Seece said:
Just waiting on reviews/feedback for gameplay. I'd like to think I will get this though.

Craig made me sign up to buy it with my Xbox One since all I was planning to get was a single XBLA game.  I'm really curious to give it a shot since I didn't have time at E3.  

Didn't he say he thought it was worse than a PS2 game? 

Congrats Mister Chief!

This game looks great, as does the new Metal Gear Solid and the new The Witcher 3.  Tasty graphic  treats for my eyes.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

selnor1983 said:

So, they will finally be showing gameplay?

selnor1983 said:
Lawlight said:
selnor1983 said:
Lawlight said:
No in-gameplay graphics?

There was gameplay in that trailer. LOL.

Proves the point that Ryse is the first ever game to use the same engine for cutscene and gameplay. Next week Crytek just confirmed we get to see the final build of Ryse SINGLEPLAYER. Live on Twitter. 

Tis game looks insane.

I want to see the game being played. Uncharted 3 uses the same engine for cutscene and gameplay too. Doesn't mean that that's how the game looks when you're playing it.

No it doesnt. Sorry buddy. They are different assests in Uncharted 3. Crytek publicly called out Naughty Dog live on stage at Autodesk saying they even use different assests for the sand walking scene compared to normal gameplay. Hence why the screen blacks out for 3 seconds going down the sand dunes towards the city. In fact that 20 minute scene blacks out more than 10 times. 

Ryse is the first EVER game to use all the same assests unchanged.

I'm pretty sure Ocarina of Time in did that in 1998.