By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Holy Hell. This is a Launch title??? New Ryse Trailer.

Munkeh111 said:
Wagram said:
Knew it was a Selnor thread!

Yeah, nobody else writes threads with such over the top titles

Anyway, I know it is the same engine for game and cut scenes, but that doesn't mean they don't need to show gameplay. You can see the cinematics look better than the in game stuff (it was more clear in the previous trailer), but the only way to win the graphics crown is with gameplay

Cant see a single difference apart from camera angle. Also this trailer has more gameplay in it thatn the last one. 

Around the Network

HOLY SHIT! Those visuals are absolutely stunning. How can this be possible when IW can't even get Ghosts to run at 900p on an out-dated engine?

Crytek clearly know how to crunch code.Can't wait to see what they have in store for the sequel.

Dont see whats so special about it

Lulz said:
HOLY SHIT! Those visuals are absolutely stunning. How can this be possible when IW can't even get Ghosts to run at 900p on an out-dated engine?

Crytek clearly know how to crunch code.Can't wait to see what they have in store for the sequel.

Guys Call of Duty is 60 fps...

60 fps takes a lot of juice.

selnor1983 said:
Lawlight said:
selnor1983 said:
Lawlight said:
No in-gameplay graphics?

There was gameplay in that trailer. LOL.

Proves the point that Ryse is the first ever game to use the same engine for cutscene and gameplay. Next week Crytek just confirmed we get to see the final build of Ryse SINGLEPLAYER. Live on Twitter. 

Tis game looks insane.

I want to see the game being played. Uncharted 3 uses the same engine for cutscene and gameplay too. Doesn't mean that that's how the game looks when you're playing it.

No it doesnt. Sorry buddy. They are different assests in Uncharted 3. Crytek publicly called out Naughty Dog live on stage at Autodesk saying they even use different assests for the sand walking scene compared to normal gameplay. Hence why the screen blacks out for 3 seconds going down the sand dunes towards the city. In fact that 20 minute scene blacks out more than 10 times. 

Ryse is the first EVER game to use all the same assests unchanged.

Tune into Microsofts Twitter account for a Live feed of Final build Singleplayer Ryse gameplay next week. Confirmed about 10 minutes ago.

Also interestingly, a guy from Industrial Light and Magic who worked on Avatar and Episode 3 Star Wars has been working on Ryse, and a guy from Pixar Studios also joined the team over the last 2 years. 1 of those guys was talking on stage at Autodesk.  

Theres not one single next generation console game that has every single character onscreen with 85,000 polygons each. 750 joints ( 260 facial ) and uses full realtime dynamic global illumunation. 

It makes Infinty Ward seem crap when you consider Ryse is native 900p with far superior visuals. I think Killzones max polycount on just the friendly characters is 40,000. Which is why Ryse characters look much more detailed, and have far better facial aqnimations during gameplay.

Don't care about the credentials of a couple of the people who worked on the game - show us the game being played and then we'll see.

Around the Network
Boutros said:
Lulz said:

Guys Call of Duty is 60 fps...

60 fps takes a lot of juice.

60 FPS at 720p does not take that much juice. Xbox One is supposed to be 8-10 times as powerful as a 360. There's no excuse at all for a game that looks so close to last gen graphics as Ghosts to be runinng at 720p.

That looks absolutely awesome and beautiful, but none of that looks like gameplay to me.

Lulz said:

All games at launch are rushed and there is a learning curve. One will easily hit these in later games. Look at Forza, Ryse crush's any game out right now, including ps4 games. Not sure why all the chest pounding. people act as if all has been maxed out. Not true. First games never get the time they need, also one is supposed to be harder to program for. Not 

only that Kinect had been including in games,  taking up development time.  Xbox one will hit 1080p 60fps No problem. 

This is a repost.  Just easier

NiKKoM said:
Looks great and the best part: Sexual content and partial nudity in that quality

I'll now consider this as a factor when deciding to get either this or ACIV with my X1 and other games...

pokoko said:
selnor1983 said:
Lawlight said:
No in-gameplay graphics?

There was gameplay in that trailer. LOL.

Proves the point that Ryse is the first ever game to use the same engine for cutscene and gameplay. Next week Crytek just confirmed we get to see the final build of Ryse SINGLEPLAYER. Live on Twitter.

Tis game looks insane.

Got a source for that?  I'd like to read it, please.  I'm almost certain other games have used the same engine for both, though perhaps there are other differences.

Sorry its a 16 minute video. You are right actually, there are other games like Dungeon Siege etc. Its more aimed at games like Gears Of War, Uncharted, The last Of Us ( Which Digital Foundry themselves confirm are different assests for gameplay/cutscene ). You can read it at Digital Foundry about Uncharted etc. But here is proof from Crytek temselves about Ryse Assests.