By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Titanfall an Xbox One, 360, PC Exclusive for Its 'Lifetime'

OP updated. 

AzuragarciaA :( 

Around the Network

Seems Respawn were looking to port it after initial exclusivity is over.

Guess I'm trying it on PC then, if I get around to it. 

Kinda lame.  Deliberately restricting the initial reach of the IP in return for a bucket of money.  Just hope the bucket was big enough.

Still, good catch for MS.  Game looks interesting.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
TheSting said:
green_sky said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

LOL....Whats funny is MS havin to pay every good developer for their games to bolster their top three games.

Weren't you jumping around doing circus tricks at the start of the gen when Microsoft paid for Gears of War. Just go to your profile and scroll back and read your attitude towards Sony and Microsoft. LOL

Almost like he's baiting you all to go back and forth with him. I'm happy about Xbox One as millions of others will. He's happy with PS4 as millions of others also. Just let it be. 

Your conclusion couldn't be anymore wrong. I am getting the Xbox One...my point in this thread is that I am getting it sooner now, thats all.

The very 1st thing you wrote wasn't making that point at all though. You Instigated a meaningless discussion like MS is the only company who has done that. That's why I wrote what I wrote. Buttttt they could've just ignored and accepted your opinion though but I'm sure that wasn't the plan. 

I will start believing one year from released

I'm mostly not in threads like these but do users also get like this when Sony buys an exclusive indie game and other users are like laughing and saying stuff like it will be on the One and its not exclusive its also on PC?

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network
joeorc said:

it was the same with metal gear solid : 4 , and the xbox360, when it came out that the xbox360 would not be getting it, some gamers were bashing Metal Gear Solid : 4 and saying OH' well  Metal Gear Solid : 4 well its just a extended movie anyway..lol

Not that I ever said anything like that, but you do realize it had an hour and a half of cutscenes in it.  That's the equivalent of a full length movie.

The game itself could have come to the Xbox 360.  The problem was the hour and a half of uncompressed video that would never have fit on a DVD with the game itself.

NiKKoM said:
I'm mostly not in threads like these but do users also get like this when Sony buys an exclusive indie game and other users are like laughing and saying stuff like it will be on the One and its not exclusive its also on PC?

You think they have guts to do that when S.T.A.G.E is around...

Adinnieken said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Wright said:

Lifetime means "as long as the money keeps moving" for EA, so I should take this info with a grain of salt.

That being said, HAHA POOR PS4 PLAYERS YOU NO PLAYING TITANFALL HEHEHEHEHE :P

LOL....Whats funny is MS having to pay every good developer for their games to bolster their top three games.

You do realize the utter hypocricy of that statement?

Sony pays developers to feature their games on PS+ as a free monthly rental, just so people subscribe to a monthly service.  Sony does this to bolster a bullshit service that no one would subscribe to otherwise.  To you that's OK, but the it's no different than what Microsoft may or may not have done. 

You assume Microsoft paid Respawn/EA for that exclusivity, but you have no clue as to whether or not that was a decision EA or Respawn made.  Your conclusion completely ignores the fact that Microsoft is giving developers servers for free.  So Respawn's online only game, Titanfall, doesn't need anything extra for PC, Xbox 360, or Xbox One.  For PS4 either Respawn, EA, or Sony would have to pony up some money for servers.  That might not be financially feasible for a new, untested IP. 

It was Epic's decision to bring Gears of War to the Xbox 360 as an exclusive, not Microsoft's  Later on Microsoft may have paid to keep Gears of War exclusive, but Epic made the choice to bring Gears to the Xbox 360 just like the previous generation they brought Unreal to the PS2. 

The difference is the only real developers that Sony can sway with the amount of money they have to hand out are Indie developers, and even then the majority of Indie titles they showed at E3 were timed exclusives.  So bitch and moan all you want that Microsoft has money to do things, like give away servers or secure content deals with, but had Sony not screwed up last generation they might have actually had some cash to work with without having to sell of their company assets.

wow.

Adinnieken said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Wright said:

Lifetime means "as long as the money keeps moving" for EA, so I should take this info with a grain of salt.

That being said, HAHA POOR PS4 PLAYERS YOU NO PLAYING TITANFALL HEHEHEHEHE :P

LOL....Whats funny is MS having to pay every good developer for their games to bolster their top three games.

You do realize the utter hypocricy of that statement?

Sony pays developers to feature their games on PS+ as a free monthly rental, just so people subscribe to a monthly service.  Sony does this to bolster a bullshit service that no one would subscribe to otherwise.  To you that's OK, but the it's no different than what Microsoft may or may not have done. 

You assume Microsoft paid Respawn/EA for that exclusivity, but you have no clue as to whether or not that was a decision EA or Respawn made.  Your conclusion completely ignores the fact that Microsoft is giving developers servers for free.  So Respawn's online only game, Titanfall, doesn't need anything extra for PC, Xbox 360, or Xbox One.  For PS4 either Respawn, EA, or Sony would have to pony up some money for servers.  That might not be financially feasible for a new, untested IP. 

It was Epic's decision to bring Gears of War to the Xbox 360 as an exclusive, not Microsoft's  Later on Microsoft may have paid to keep Gears of War exclusive, but Epic made the choice to bring Gears to the Xbox 360 just like the previous generation they brought Unreal to the PS2. 

The difference is the only real developers that Sony can sway with the amount of money they have to hand out are Indie developers, and even then the majority of Indie titles they showed at E3 were timed exclusives.  So bitch and moan all you want that Microsoft has money to do things, like give away servers or secure content deals with, but had Sony not screwed up last generation they might have actually had some cash to work with without having to sell of their company assets.

Wait...hold on a second, how do you label someone a hypocrite and then bring up a rental service which MS eventually copied? A service was a bad choice to use to help your case. Sony doesn't need to sway every developer and they have a policy on late games needing to have DLC attached since MS moneyhats devs. It was done to protect themselves. Do you know what MS did? They said screw the gamers, if its not on our platform at launch we don't want it. You tell me who needs it more. Sony has more successful first party and unless things change this gen it will continue to stay that way. 

P.S.

Show me that article where a publisher as big as Epic said they wanted Gears to be exclusive to MS.

Looks like I'll be playing Titanfall on PC with a Dualshock 4. Sounds like Respawn didn't even realize EA and MS were making a deal like that. Though it also sounds like Respawn has every intention of bringing the franchise to PS4 later. Congrats to the Xbox fans though. For them, this is good news in what has seemed like a sea of negativity.