By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Titanfall an Xbox One, 360, PC Exclusive for Its 'Lifetime'

sully1311 said:
Adinnieken said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

LOL....Whats funny is MS having to pay every good developer for their games to bolster their top three games.

You do realize the utter hypocricy of that statement?

Sony pays developers to feature their games on PS+ as a free monthly rental, just so people subscribe to a monthly service.  Sony does this to bolster a bullshit service that no one would subscribe to otherwise.  To you that's OK, but the it's no different than what Microsoft may or may not have done. 

You assume Microsoft paid Respawn/EA for that exclusivity, but you have no clue as to whether or not that was a decision EA or Respawn made.  Your conclusion completely ignores the fact that Microsoft is giving developers servers for free.  So Respawn's online only game, Titanfall, doesn't need anything extra for PC, Xbox 360, or Xbox One.  For PS4 either Respawn, EA, or Sony would have to pony up some money for servers.  That might not be financially feasible for a new, untested IP. 

It was Epic's decision to bring Gears of War to the Xbox 360 as an exclusive, not Microsoft's  Later on Microsoft may have paid to keep Gears of War exclusive, but Epic made the choice to bring Gears to the Xbox 360 just like the previous generation they brought Unreal to the PS2. 

The difference is the only real developers that Sony can sway with the amount of money they have to hand out are Indie developers, and even then the majority of Indie titles they showed at E3 were timed exclusives.  So bitch and moan all you want that Microsoft has money to do things, like give away servers or secure content deals with, but had Sony not screwed up last generation they might have actually had some cash to work with without having to sell of their company assets.

wow.

Pay no mind to the foolishness. He's digging deep when he has aboslutely nothing. I saw it too.

Around the Network
Kresnik said:

Seems Respawn were looking to port it after initial exclusivity is over.

Guess I'm trying it on PC then, if I get around to it. 

Kinda lame.  Deliberately restricting the initial reach of the IP in return for a bucket of money.  Just hope the bucket was big enough.

Still, good catch for MS.  Game looks interesting.

Looks like MS had to go back to get it fully exclusive.

Welp i guess it wont be coming to the Quad. They might aswell just buy Respawn.

Raven722 said:
Looks like I'll be playing Titanfall on PC with a Dualshock 4. Sounds like Respawn didn't even realize EA and MS were making a deal like that. Though it also sounds like Respawn has every intention of bringing the franchise to PS4 later. Congrats to the Xbox fans though. For them, this is good news in what has seemed like a sea of negativity.

Zampella sounds a little down on twitter. He doesn’t want this. EA is just a dick bag of a publisher and went behind their backs. The one chance they might have had to compete with COD and they threw it away. Hope MS pays them 30 extra for every copy that could have been sold on the ps4. 

Whether MSFT paid for it or not means nothing to me.  It is a business and sorry to tell you but Sony and Nintendo arent innocent when it comes to business strategies either. I will be playing it day one so it doesnt effect me.

However this thread xD  Not because the news effects me but because people's (Mainly one person) reactions haha xD

enditall727 said:
Kresnik said:

Kinda lame.  Deliberately restricting the initial reach of the IP in return for a bucket of money.  Just hope the bucket was big enough.

The money hath hitteth the fan!

Around the Network

He doesnt sound happy about the deal

mutantclown said:
Well, there goes their chances of saving this new franchise from obscurity...

I know I mean.. 80,000,000+ userbase on Xbox 360, who knows how big of a userbase on Windows, and the Xbox One as well. I mean shit, I hope I don't have to troll some shady flea market booth just to track a copy down, like Gears of War. You probably never heard of that franchise, it was also Microsoft exclusive.

enditall727 said:
Kresnik said:

Or it was fully exclusive in the first place, just another thing CBOAT has got wrong.

Seece said:
enditall727 said:
Kresnik said:

Or it was fully exclusive in the first place, just another thing CBOAT has got wrong.

Based on the tweets, it sounds more to me like this was a relatively recent development. Which means his information that he spilled months ago could have been completely legit.

Seece said:
enditall727 said:
Kresnik said:

Well yes and no. Titanfall will be only on Xbox platform and PC, But Titanfall as a series will be multiplat. And i seriouly doubt EA will wait more than a year to release the second game. They might have their own COD in their hands.