By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Banjo-Kazooie 3 coming late 2008

Banjo Kazooie 3 coming late 2008

In addition to chatting about Alan Wake and the Marvel MMO cancellation, Microsoft Games Studio head Shane Kim revealed to MTV's Stephen Totilo at last week's DICE summit that Rare's Banjo Kazooie 3 is slated for a 2008 release. Said Kim, "I'm super-excited about what they're doing with Banjo' I think Banjo is going to be a big hit for us this holiday."

Kim also noted that Rare may go back to developing M-rated games as well as continue along the family-friendly route we've seen for the past few years. Last we heard, Rare was working on a vision cam-supported collection of party games dubbed The Fast and the Furriest for Xbox Live Arcade. With little to no information on Banjo 3, we're hoping next week's GDC will have more revelations.

Source: http://www.joystiq.com/2008/02/11/banjo-kazooie-3-coming-late-2008/

Personally, I loved the Banjo-Kazooie series.  I also feel a little worrisome about the third installment.  I dont want it to be Ratchet and Clank like.  The comment about them possibly doing something different with Banjo is upsetting.  Keep Banjo the same!! 

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

Around the Network

I'm worried about this game, I hope it delivers.

if it does deliver, this might just be the game that pushes me over to buying a 360!!

if it does good,it will help 360 alot

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

I wish it were on Wii instead.

Around the Network

Only game that I want thats on the 360

I still want Banjo-Kazooie 3 to come out on Wii. I have doubts it will sell like they think it would on X360. I bet it will have average sales and be a bit stable, but won't be a blockbuster hit like it was on the N64.

Does anyone think that if this game sells poor, Rare will go back to Nintendo? I really don't want to shell out money on a X360 if they still haven't fixed the RRoD problems. I would only buy a X360 for Banjo-Kazooie 3. Really, it's the ONLY game that interests me.

EDIT: I also hate the art style they are using for this game. HORRIBLE and disturbing. I wish they had the 3D art style they used for the game boxes and strategy guides.

While personally I am way passed done with platform games, it will be fun to boot up this game and see what is what in 2008. Its the first must rent game of 2008 :) Good choice Rare...but lets work on the Killer Instinct 3 as well...

@Naraku_Diabolos
MS owns 100% of rare...even if the whole team quit, they own the properties Rare owns. They can make Battletoads, Perfect Dark, Killer Instinct, Conker, Banjo or Jet Force gemini games with or without Rare's help. So yeah, Nintendo ain't getting anything from Rare anymore...they have their cool 377 million that Microsoft paid.

Microsoft needs this game to do well to diversify their lineup. Also it would be cool if Rare decided to make a sequel to Jet Force Gemini.

I'm a filmmaker, writer, and gamer. Add me on Xbox Live or message me!

XBL Gamertag: StraitupBeastin

disolitude said:
While personally I am way passed done with platform games, it will be fun to boot up this game and see what is what in 2008. Its the first must rent game of 2008 :) Good choice Rare...but lets work on the Killer Instinct 3 as well...

@Naraku_Diabolos
MS owns 100% of rare...even if the whole team quit, they own the properties Rare owns. They can make Battletoads, Perfect Dark, Killer Instinct, Conker, Banjo or Jet Force gemini games with or without Rare's help. So yeah, Nintendo ain't getting anything from Rare anymore...they have their cool 377 million that Microsoft paid.

yeah but if it sells horribly dont you think microsoft might just sell them back to nintendo and hopefullymake a profit?

the game looks cool never played and of the games in the series but i hope the game turns out well