By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Banjo-Kazooie 3 coming late 2008

For reference, here's how they used to look:

Much cuter and not reaping your soul-style.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Yes, cant wait for this platform game.

You're claiming the first picture is taken from actual gameplay footage or that's how they're going to look in the game?

I hope this game turns out well, but I can't help but have my doubts. There's a reason Nintendo let Rare get away. Martin Hollis left in '98, going to work directly for Nintendo, then eventually leaving Nintendo to form his own studio Zoonami. A year later David Doak left with a bunch of guys to form Free Radical.

More guys have left since MS' takeover. Just early last year the founders of Rare, Chis and Tim Stamper (Creative Director and Studio Director, respectively) left.

I'm so pissed at the direction they went with the character designs. Those things look way too ridiculous/disturbing/pedophiliac. Totally ruined any hype I had for the game.

Around the Network
Legend11 said:
Weirdos? Do you even know anyone working there? The team working on Banjo Kazooie 3 has key members from the first game.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=68284

That was written a year and a half ago. People have left since then too. Fact of the matter is, what made Rare good is no longer there. They might have various people left, but my point stands valid.

lmao Ben that's freaky. Okay I'm sleeping with a light on tonight.

Legend11 said:
You're claiming the first picture is taken from actual gameplay footage or that's how they're going to look in the game?

You're claiming the second picture is taken from actual gameplay footage?

Zucas said:
Legend11 said:
Weirdos? Do you even know anyone working there? The team working on Banjo Kazooie 3 has key members from the first game.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=68284

That was written a year and a half ago. People have left since then too. Fact of the matter is, what made Rare good is no longer there. They might have various people left, but my point stands valid.

Who left from the original team that is working on Banjo Kazooie 3?  If you're going to claim something at least try to back it up.

disolitude said:
@Naraku_Diabolos
MS owns 100% of rare...even if the whole team quit, they own the properties Rare owns. They can make Battletoads, Perfect Dark, Killer Instinct, Conker, Banjo or Jet Force gemini games with or without Rare's help. So yeah, Nintendo ain't getting anything from Rare anymore...they have their cool 377 million that Microsoft paid.

Nope, Microsoft only owns 49% of Rare while Nintendo has 51%.