By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Banjo-Kazooie 3 coming late 2008

Naraku_Diabolos said:
disolitude said:
Naraku_Diabolos said:
disolitude said:
@Naraku_Diabolos
MS owns 100% of rare...even if the whole team quit, they own the properties Rare owns. They can make Battletoads, Perfect Dark, Killer Instinct, Conker, Banjo or Jet Force gemini games with or without Rare's help. So yeah, Nintendo ain't getting anything from Rare anymore...they have their cool 377 million that Microsoft paid.

Nope, Microsoft only owns 49% of Rare while Nintendo has 51%.

Dude don't be funny...I'm not the type that will paste a link to gloat and prove a point...look it up again man.

Not what I heard on other chat forums. Why would Viva Pinata be coming out on DS? Why was there a Banjo game on the GBA? I'm talking about shares in the company. Besides, if Rare were to screw this up with Microsoft, I'm pretty sure Rare will go crawling back to Nintendo (where they belong). I've read other threads on VGChartz about Microsoft and Nintendo's shares in Rare, but that was over the summer-autumn of last year.

Nintendo HAD 51 percent of Rare, and they sold it to MS. MS is making DS games because they don't have a handheld and they want to make some money.

Around the Network
Edouble24 said:
naznatips said:
Edouble24 said:

Well it is popular to hate Rare for Nintendo fans and this is a Nintendo populated site. If people earnest don't enjoy Rare games then they shouldn't be excited for Banjo, but were Viva Pinata and Kameo really bad games? I'm kinda tired of people acting like that...so I certainly agree with the first part of what you said. Ex-Rare employees aren't the only people that can make good games.

And since you bring up SSBB, that wasn't made by the same people as Melee, yet we didn't have everyone saying it was going to be ruined(and they were right not to). Rare just has a tough time with the Nintendo fans now.

You're misinformed. Every previous SSB game was completely designed by Masahiro Sakurai. The only difference in SSBB is the programming team he was given to work with, because he doesn't work with HAL anyomre. Instead he was given Nintendo programmers. Which, of course, no one would worry about because they are Nintendo programmers... the creative designer is still there.

uh no I'm not misinformed. Like you just said he was given a different programming team to work with. How is that any different from Banjo?

I'm not saying it's different from Banjo?  Where in this thread have I said anything about the quality of Banjo's programming staff?  Stop making assumptions.  I just made fun of the awful character design hehe.

naznatips said:
Edouble24 said:
naznatips said:
Edouble24 said:

Well it is popular to hate Rare for Nintendo fans and this is a Nintendo populated site. If people earnest don't enjoy Rare games then they shouldn't be excited for Banjo, but were Viva Pinata and Kameo really bad games? I'm kinda tired of people acting like that...so I certainly agree with the first part of what you said. Ex-Rare employees aren't the only people that can make good games.

And since you bring up SSBB, that wasn't made by the same people as Melee, yet we didn't have everyone saying it was going to be ruined(and they were right not to). Rare just has a tough time with the Nintendo fans now.

You're misinformed. Every previous SSB game was completely designed by Masahiro Sakurai. The only difference in SSBB is the programming team he was given to work with, because he doesn't work with HAL anyomre. Instead he was given Nintendo programmers. Which, of course, no one would worry about because they are Nintendo programmers... the creative designer is still there.

uh no I'm not misinformed. Like you just said he was given a different programming team to work with. How is that any different from Banjo?

I'm not saying it's different from Banjo? Where in this thread have I said anything about the quality of Banjo's programming staff? Stop making assumptions. I just made fun of the awful character design hehe.

I never said that you said that, I merely asked you a question, you could have just answered it instead of making assumptions of your own. I said what I said because it's the same exact situation as Banjo. SSBB had most of the same key people as well as some new ones, same with Banjo, so I made the comparison. Considering you're objecting to what I said it would imply that you disagree or think what I said is wrong information, or did you just want to call me misinformed for no real reason?

Hopefully they show some Banjo Kazooie 3 gameplay footage at Game Developers Conference 2008 (Feb 18-22).

Edouble24 said:
naznatips said:
Edouble24 said:
naznatips said:
Edouble24 said:

I'm not saying it's different from Banjo? Where in this thread have I said anything about the quality of Banjo's programming staff? Stop making assumptions. I just made fun of the awful character design hehe.

I never said that you said that, I merely asked you a question. I said what I said because it's the same exact situation as Banjo. SSBB had most of the same key people as well as some new ones, same with Banjo, so I made the comparison. Considering you're objecting to what I said it would imply that you disagree, or did you just want to call me misinformed for no real reason?

Guys its all good...

Banjo is getting made which is awesome... he looks creepy as hell... and Naraku_Diabolos learned rare is not owned by nintendo and cant run back to nintendo where magically it would have success again. We are all better people because of Banjo already...

Around the Network

I've been saying that about every big gaming show now. Hopefully they actually come through this time. If the game really is releasing this year they need to show it soon.

If Nintendo were coaching them, this game would be godly. As it stands now, it will likely only be bloody awesome XD

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
disolitude said:

Guys its all good...

Banjo is getting made which is awesome... he looks creepy as hell... and naznatips learned rare is not owned by nintendo and cant run back to nintendo where magically it would have success again. We are all better people because of Banjo already...

Uh, yeah, I never argued that.  Lets not make up crap please?

disolitude said:
Edouble24 said:
naznatips said:
Edouble24 said:
naznatips said:
Edouble24 said:

I never said that you said that, I merely asked you a question. I said what I said because it's the same exact situation as Banjo. SSBB had most of the same key people as well as some new ones, same with Banjo, so I made the comparison. Considering you're objecting to what I said it would imply that you disagree, or did you just want to call me misinformed for no real reason?

Guys its all good...

Banjo is getting made which is awesome... he looks creepy as hell... and ... learned rare is not owned by nintendo and cant run back to nintendo where magically it would have success again. We are all better people because of Banjo already...

I don't think it was Naz that said Rare was owned by Nintendo. Regardless I'm not really even sure why I'm debating with him...

Yeah I don't understand why Microsoft is being so secretive about their games.