By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is this the week Wii passes Gamecubes lifetime sales?

If this week isn't the week that the Wii passes the GC sales then it will be some time soon...

Nintendo is up to the comp. now compared to the GC selling only 20 mil. life time
For the wii its less than 2 yrs old and is gonna beat its predecessor soon

Around the Network

Long way man
next week

it could still happen this week

Unless of course Gamecube outsells Wii for a change or levels with it?? Possible?

i'd love to see the cube make a comeback this week and start selling 350k a week to not let the wii pass it....

it'll be this week (next week's numbers)

i never really thought about it till recently but every nintendo system has done far worse than the previous one. nintendo started off amazing with the NES but then in terms of sales they just got worse and worse. glad to see that trend turn around for the first time. wonder how long it'll take to pass the NES and set a new console standard for nintendo.

end of '08 predictions: wii - 43 million,  360 - 25 million, ps3 - 20 million

Games I've beat recently: Super Mario Galaxy, Knights of the Old Republic, Shadow of the Collossus

Proud owner of wii, gamecube, xbox, ps2, dreamcast, n64, snes, genesis, 3DO, nes, atari, intellivision, unisonic tournament 2000, and gameboy

Around the Network

^u know that Ninty stopped production of the cube a long time ago

Just in 216k wiis in North America

now the real question is will the wii sell 180k in japan this week? if this was a normal week then i would say no but since smash bros came out last week then maybe nintendo shipped a buttload of wiis to Japan.... so maybe.

the nintendo wii will outsell the ps3 and the 360 combined by the end of 2008.                           

PS3 will out sell the 360 june 2010.                                                                      

GOTY of 2008 is super smash brothers brawl.... hopefully.

END OF 08 PREDICTIONS:

Wii: 45 million         xbox360: 26 million       PS3: 19 million (made beginning of 08)

wii: 44 million         xbox 360: 24 million      PS3: 21 million (made june 08)

wii code: 8094-5344-2140-1400

brawl code: 5412-9565-3232   

how many GC were sold exactly? It will be mighy close this week...

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

it will be very close but i think it will fall shy just a bit

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"