By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is this the week Wii passes Gamecubes lifetime sales?

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=All&cons2=GC&reg2=All&cons3=GC&reg3=All&start=39124&end=39488&weekly=1 

I know for sure that next week, Wii will surpas it's predessesor, reversing the trend set ever since the NES went down, but do you think that the Wii will get a small boost this week and surpass the Cube after America and Japan sales come in?

Discuss...

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits
Around the Network

It will be a close one;.

Maybe also interesting : When will it surpass XB WW Sales:

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=All&cons2=GC&reg2=All&cons3=XB&reg3=All&start=39124&end=39488&weekly=1

it will be close but I will say YES

Maybe

I personally think it will land just beneath the Cube, or just above it. I expect Japan sales to rise and to a lesser extend, America sales to rise. That could push it over the edge.

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits
Around the Network

Not sure if it will be this week or next week, but it will absolutely be before Brawl, at which point it will jump ahead by about a 2 million after 2 weeks

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Wow I can't believe it only took 15 months to do what the cube had 5 years to accomplish. Before the end of summer it'll be past n64. Then early 2009 to beat SNES.

What? it needs near 400k... it will not sell 400k in Japan+America.

^it possibly could with Brawl

Next week not this week.....if anyone wants we can put VG$50 on it =P

edit: To be explicit I am saying the week ending Feb 16/17th it will cross and NOT the week ending Feb 9/10th. 

To Each Man, Responsibility