By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is this the week Wii passes Gamecubes lifetime sales?

Not this week likely since Ninty isn't relasing much stock until after the fiscal year ends it seems, but next week yes, and the Xbox by the end of april it seems, and probably the N64 by the end of summer

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

yes, wii passes gc this week (feb 10-16), but this week's numbers won't be on the homepage until next week

no, wii did not pass gc last week (the numbers u see on page today/tomorrow)

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp

I think it will do it this week. (next weeks numbers)

it wont reach it this week because its highly unlikely that the wii will sell 200k copies in japan and 200k copies in america.

P.S when they say america is that just the US or US and Canada?

the nintendo wii will outsell the ps3 and the 360 combined by the end of 2008.                           

PS3 will out sell the 360 june 2010.                                                                      

GOTY of 2008 is super smash brothers brawl.... hopefully.

END OF 08 PREDICTIONS:

Wii: 45 million         xbox360: 26 million       PS3: 19 million (made beginning of 08)

wii: 44 million         xbox 360: 24 million      PS3: 21 million (made june 08)

wii code: 8094-5344-2140-1400

brawl code: 5412-9565-3232   

since wii is undertracked in Spain (hello Diomedes), it actually already has beaten GC lifetime sales.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network
narfwack said:
Everybody is crazy. You should all realize the Wii will stop selling the minute they reach the exact number as lifetime sales of Gamecube. Either that or each Wii that is already owned will die as another one is sold.

ROFL die? that still counts as sold u know! cause it has been sold - it's not counting how many still exist

No, next week. Wii is not going to sell 400k in the other regions. Just not going to happen.

With the abysmal showing of the GCN, I'm surprised it didn't already pass it.

well...u never know because the #'s could get adj

I must say, the Wiis run is over. Quite clearly it has so far only been bought by people who owned a GC and as such as soon as it reaches GC sales it is going to plummet.

It might struggle along and make a million more than the GC but its not going to be a significant lead.