By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbone Games Box * Installs: Forza 5 - 35GB ; Ryse - 47GB ; DR3 - 35GB *

was hoping for the number of tracks on the forza box

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
orniletter said:
I hate forced installs !

How long will they take ? As long as the sometimes rediculous installs on PS3 ?

the difference between installing a 360 game and ps3 was massive.  Hopefully the ONE is as quick as the 360.

It was bearable on the 360 and the install was always a great trade off (waiting for the install vs. having faster load times/less noise from the spinning disc etc.)

I hope both are as quick as the 360

orniletter said:
I hate forced installs !

I imagine most games will install a portion of the game up front and then install the rest while you play or while you idle/surf etc with your console and the game disc is still inside. That should make them less of an annoyance than the PS3 installs.

kowenicki said:
ethomaz said:

You will use external UBS HDD soon.

My biggest complain (with both consoles) was that I even with a big 1TB HDD I will can have only ~20 games installed... I was thinking to get a SSD what make my situation even worst

Only if you are lazy.

I will install dead rising and Ryse, finish them... play around on MP a bit perhaps and then dlelete it as I do with my 360.  250gb limit never even got above half of it used, I delete the game install and keep the game saves (which are tiny) just in case.  Why would I leave it there forever?  Your desk at work must be so untidy if this is your attitude. 

People just make shit up on this site to create a problem.

You have to be careful what you delete, it remains to be seen how the save system works. On the Vita, if you delete the game from your Vita, it deletes everything. You have to back up the save on your PC (or the cloud with PS+) then you can delete it

Let's just hope that Microsoft aren't that stupid

Anyway, it's a bit of a pain and I also can't remember if they have the play as you install. But I assume they do, so it won't be too annoying, but it will certainly be a bit annoying if you can't install more than 10 games

Can you use 3rd party HDDs this time? Or would you have to use USB (3?) HDDs?

Lafiel said:
orniletter said:
I hate forced installs !

I imagine most games will install a portion of the game up front and then install the rest while you play or while you idle/surf etc with your console and the game disc is still inside.

Thats not bad at all, I just hate to wait 20 min+ when I got a new game to download all the patches (fucking Little Big Planet 2 !) and to have it install 40+ GB of data on the harddrive.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Munkeh111 said:

You have to be careful what you delete, it remains to be seen how the save system works. On the Vita, if you delete the game from your Vita, it deletes everything. You have to back up the save on your PC (or the cloud with PS+) then you can delete it

Let's just hope that Microsoft aren't that stupid

Anyway, it's a bit of a pain and I also can't remember if they have the play as you install. But I assume they do, so it won't be too annoying, but it will certainly be a bit annoying if you can't install more than 10 games

Can you use 3rd party HDDs this time? Or would you have to use USB (3?) HDDs?

They arent.  Well at least they arent on the 360.  I delete the game install and keep the game saves now, no problem.  I suspect the ONE will be the same.

You would use an external HDD.

Sony weren't that stupid with the PS3 but they did weird things with the Vita, I can't remember the reason, but it has something to with the fact that you kind of install the game to the console when you put in the card, which is kind of what the Xbox One does as well. I just they keep them seperate AND allow you to copy them. I'm still worried about there only being 1 copy of my Mass Effect save files since some make it difficult to back up

Correct me if I am wrong, but don't all of these game boot up as a game normally would and then as you actually play the game the game begins installing?

Am I correct in thinking this or just like with a digital download you need to wait for a portion to be installed first?

Also, once it begins installing, can you stop playing and have the rest install at a later time or do you need to have the entire game install before moving onto another title?

Speaking strictly about retail versions here.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Has there been any info on making backups on external drives? Kinda like Steam where you can make backup for the game files.. That should make things easier not having to redownload games and having backups on an external drive

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:
Has there been any info on making backups on external drives? Kinda like Steam where you can make backup for the game files.. That should make things easier not having to redownload games and having backups on an external drive

I haven't come across any info about that, but the PS3 (don't know about 360) can back up PS3 game installs, so hopefully atleast that is available for PS4 aswell, as installing and playing games on external drives hasn't been announced for PS4 yet, while afaik XB1 will get that functionality with a patch (in 2014?).

kowenicki said:
Euphoria14 said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but don't all of these game boot up as a game normally would and then as you actually play the game the game begins installing?

Am I correct in thinking this or just like with a digital download you need to wait for a portion to be installed first?

Also, once it begins installing, can you stop playing and have the rest install at a later time or do you need to have the entire game install before moving onto another title?

Speaking strictly about retail versions here.

I think you are correct. 

Uninstalling isnt a big deal and its even less of a big deail if you buy retail... which everyone here does becasue they hate digital and always online... unless of course they dont in a particular argument to suit their agenda at the time of that particular argument.   

For anyone buying retail I think this is going to be a real non-issue, even if a portion of the title needs to be installed first. If the result is much more detailed games then the couple minute trade-off is well worth it.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!