By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Edge Article - Why Wii U should steal your Christmas

After Pro-PS4 and Pro-Xbox One articles it was only a matter of time until Edge sung Nintendos song, so here it is "Why Wii U should steal your Christmas" I personally believe that at this point Edge is only writing whatever will get them the most clicks, but whatever.

Here's a part of the article:

I’d hereby like to extend the Wii U as an invitation to anyone who read that piece and thought: I miss the old days. Wii U is the console for anyone who wants pure, old-fashioned gaming with a slight contemporary twist. It’s a beautiful paradox, if you think about it: Nintendo has taken the cutting edge technology and terms of engagement – the second screen play, motion control and connected world – and built it around its own wonderful world of colour and invention. In opposition to the Wii’s manifesto of shared experiences, and despite the presence of titles like Nintendo Land and Super Mario Bros. U, I’ve found the Wii U’s trick to be all in that new suffix: it’s about you. It’s a selfish console, one that encourages a single player to be king of the castle, to revel in the role of sole owner and overlord. Pikmin 3′s plot may outwardly appear to pivot on teamwork but there’s another reading to made here: it’s about one big cheese and a litter of minions. The chunky Gamepad is something to cherish and cradle; adults feel like big kids, kids feel like they should: like kids.

http://www.edge-online.com/features/...our-christmas/

Around the Network

Well with a game like Super Mario 3D World, Mario and Sonic, Wii Party U, Wii Fit U, Sonic Lost World plus the added virtual console selection. With the price of $300, I can see the value in that.

All consoles have their own audience in my eyes.

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

I really hope many people will get the Wii u

Well im reading it, but the review seems honest and well written

Actually it seems one of the few honest reviews. He should still have mentioned mario 3D world though

Around the Network

Pikmin 3, W101, ZombiU, Nintendoland, Sonic Lost world, Super Mario 3D World, Rayman Legends, Batman Arkham Origins, NSMBU+NSLU, Assassins Creed 4

Really, the Wii U will blow away the competition this holiday.

Doesn't matter what Edge thinks, the WiiU won't do well.

Mensrea said:
Pikmin 3, W101, ZombiU, Nintendoland, Sonic Lost world, Super Mario 3D World, Rayman Legends, Batman Arkham Origins, NSMBU+NSLU, Assassins Creed 4

Really, the Wii U will blow away the competition this holiday.

Probably not in the sales department, if only because launches are rarely quiet times even for systems that end up struggling (the Vita and Wii U itself come to mind). However, when the holidays are over, perhaps the Wii U momentum will continue with more vigor while the PS4 and One fall behind. Sure, those other two consoles will have Destiny and the like... as cross-generational multiplatform titles. But the Wii U will have true major exclusives like Donkey Kong Country 5 and Mario Kart 8 before mid-Spring.

Love and tolerate.

HikenNoAce said:

Why not? The big exclusive games are coming, the price is lower than the competition, and it has a better established existing library. I doubt it will crush the competition, but why won't it at least do decently?

Love and tolerate.

Salnax said:
HikenNoAce said:

Why not? The big exclusive games are coming, the price is lower than the competition, and it has a better established existing library. I doubt it will crush the competition, but why won't it at least do decently?

I'm interested in seeing his response.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.