By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Edge Article - Why Wii U should steal your Christmas

I can personally name one reason, but a very good one. Other next gen consoles will be pretty much sold out in major markets.

If you don't necessarily need a next-gen console and want the best bang for your buck, get either a PS3 or 360.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Around the Network

Wii U`s first year might become it`s worst year, but at least it has its advantages: it gave Wii U enough time to build a pretty good exclusive library of games. And that really helps paying up 300$ for a console than a new console for 400-500$ with only a few - most non system seller - exclusives.

Salnax said:
HikenNoAce said:
Doesn't matter what Edge thinks, the WiiU won't do well.

Why not? The big exclusive games are coming, the price is lower than the competition, and it has a better established existing library. I doubt it will crush the competition, but why won't it at least do decently?

Because the days of the casuals are over.

HikenNoAce said:
Salnax said:
HikenNoAce said:

Why not? The big exclusive games are coming, the price is lower than the competition, and it has a better established existing library. I doubt it will crush the competition, but why won't it at least do decently?

Phones and Facebook would like to have a word with you.

WiiU has the best library of games from all next generation systems (ps4, xboxone) i hope it do good numbers this holiday

34 years playing games.

Around the Network
HikenNoAce said:
Salnax said:
HikenNoAce said:

The "casuals" as you call them didn't all keel over and die. They still exist elsewhere, and it's not impossible for Nintendo to recapture at least some of them with new software.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

It is something positive about the wii u so no complaints from me. I don't expect the wii u to do the numbers of PS4 or Xbone this holiday but once the dust settles on their launches I honestly believe it will get better for the wii u.

By "better" I mean better than it was doing a month or so ago or even now.

Mensrea said:
Pikmin 3, W101, ZombiU, Nintendoland, Sonic Lost world, Super Mario 3D World, Rayman Legends, Batman Arkham Origins, NSMBU+NSLU, Assassins Creed 4

Really, the Wii U will blow away the competition this holiday.

Most of those games already came out and had minimal effect on hardware sales, or are multiplats. The only thing the Wii U really has left this holiday is SM3DW, which will definitely help, but probably won't result in the competition being blown away. I think 2014 is when the Wii U will really start kicking ass.

The Wii U sold just 67,000 last week after a big release and a price cut.

Do people really think it's going to do better this holiday against next gen? (or even current gen consoles bundles which are cheaper and have huge libraries)

Who is going to buy the console other than hardcore Nintendo fans?

No sports games and no decent online community/games for so called "dudebros"

Casual aren't paying $300 just play a new Wii Sports or Wii Fit

The graphics are a little better than current gen, it lacks decent built in storage, (that's an extra $50-70 if you want to download anything) the online play isn't up to snuff, it lacks 3rd party support, it doesn't have DVD/Blu-ray playback, and it lacks a value system like PS Plus or Games for Gold.

Why would anyone (other than Nintendo die-hards) buy this console over the four that will be available this holiday? The value just isn't there.