By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I bet COD Ghosts Wii U gets delayed

Highly doubt that.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
curl-6 said:

Iknow what you're saying from a port perspective, and I do not take issue with, say, Besthesda not making a Wii version of Skyrim.

What I take issue with is ports from PS360 to Wii U being poor, or the low quality of the games they do make for the systems. Hardware doesn't necessitate bad games; there were plenty of good games on systems weaker than Wii. (And Wii U)

The worst port I've seen thus far was Ninja Gaiden 3 but the gameplay was superior to all of the other versions. The hardware will easily be out of reach for most companies to invest in downporting once the next gen HD Twins hit the ground running. I understand that there are plenty of great games weaker than the Wii (in the case of the PS2, Xbox GC generation which the Wii was more akin to) and the Wii U (which is more akin to the PS3 & 360). The reasoning for that was either politics (EA), lack of ability to bring out the best in new engines (Epic) and ultimately as Bethesda said themselves "The time for convincing third party developers port to the Wii U is over because the box is out." (loose quote from how I remember it. You can use that quote in a search engine.

Every PS360 to Wii U port so far has either been late, not taken advantage of the hardware, had missing features, or a combination of these. This reinforced the mistrust Nintendo gamers were conditioned throughout the Wii gen to feel.

Ghosts, which is the topic here, is on 360 and PS3, so there's no excuse for the Wii U port to be late.

JoeTheBro said:
Highly doubt that.

I sincerely hope you are right.

prayformojo said:

Nintendo is the company of my youth and I love you to death but it's on Nintendo to create hardware that people are going to want to own and buy, not EA. During the SNES era, EA fully supported them and that's because Nintendo managed to get consoles in homes that gen.

Hahaha. The games in the Strike series were all Genesis timed exclusives, SNES got Theme Park later than Sega Saturn, SNES didn't get Fifa 95, Road Rash I, II and III, F-22 and other games I don't remember right now.

Sounds more like unprecedented support reather than full support.

curl-6 said:
JoeTheBro said:
Highly doubt that.

I sincerely hope you are right.

To go back to a previous point if you need confirmation of the stupidity of third parties, and their side lining of Nintendo gamers.

Square entering into an exclusive deal with Sony.  Then trying to backtrack with Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles.  Why greenlight a spinoff (a bad one at that) nobody wanted that had to be built from the ground up in all areas story, assets, mythos and music etc, when you can green light a cheaper port of previous games.  The deal didn't stop them from conveniently following this stratedgy on the hand held.  And here we are in 2013 and crappy spinoffs are being given to nintendo to fund true sequals.  Sequals exclusive to everything not Nintendo.  Can't blame power, because there is nothing stoping them as WiiU could be the default platform,  Or the reality that the other two versions are already downgraded PC games and a further slight downgrade would take no time at all.  

Around the Network

well they has got to create reason not to support WiiU

everybody ells does it so it wouldn't surprise me

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Player2 said:
prayformojo said:

Nintendo is the company of my youth and I love you to death but it's on Nintendo to create hardware that people are going to want to own and buy, not EA. During the SNES era, EA fully supported them and that's because Nintendo managed to get consoles in homes that gen.

Hahaha. The games in the Strike series were all Genesis timed exclusives, SNES got Theme Park later than Sega Saturn, SNES didn't get Fifa 95, Road Rash I, II and III, F-22 and other games I don't remember right now.

Sounds more like unprecedented support reather than full support.

I was speaking about their American sports titles such as NBA Live and Madden.

There is no reason why these games should get delayed

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

Roma said:

If everyone has an issue with you, at some point wouldn't you at some point get the picture that the issue is you?

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Roma said:

If everyone has an issue with you, at some point wouldn't you at some point get the picture that the issue is you?

I guess all those women burnt for being "witches" were actual witches by your logic.