By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I bet COD Ghosts Wii U gets delayed

Zero999 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Roma said:

well they has got to create reason not to support WiiU

everybody ells does it so it wouldn't surprise me

If everyone has an issue with you, at some point wouldn't you at some point get the picture that the issue is you?

I guess all those women burnt for being "witches" were actual witches by your logic.

it's the modern middle age way of thinking

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network
Zero999 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Roma said:

well they has got to create reason not to support WiiU

everybody ells does it so it wouldn't surprise me

If everyone has an issue with you, at some point wouldn't you at some point get the picture that the issue is you?

I guess all those women burnt for being "witches" were actual witches by your logic.

I am not talking about religious issues. I am talking about personality traits.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Zero999 said:

I'm not talking about religious issues either (that's not even a thing). to put it simple, if a bunch of people say one person is wrong, there is no universal rule to say who is right, only context analyses. and I've seen that more often than not, the majority is just a bunch of idiots.

Zero999 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Zero999 said:

I'm not talking about religious issues either (that's not even a thing). to put it simple, if a bunch of people say one person is wrong, there is no universal rule to say who is right, only context analyses. and I've seen that more often than not, the majority is just a bunch of idiots.

No, but its not a witch hunt you see. Witch hunts had an excuse based on religious purpose, fear and an irrational lack of actual proper logic. Nintendo's issues with third parties have a logical reason. Essentially it is you who is creating a witch hunt based on your "belief". "They must be damned because...X,Y,Z" "They must believe in my brand or else...X,Y,Z". Think about it. I listed the reasons third parties have issues with them and it has nothing to do with fear.

My logic is if one brand isn't working with my brand of choice, I buy the console they are strongest on. Simple as that.

curl-6 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
curl-6 said:

Iknow what you're saying from a port perspective, and I do not take issue with, say, Besthesda not making a Wii version of Skyrim.

What I take issue with is ports from PS360 to Wii U being poor, or the low quality of the games they do make for the systems. Hardware doesn't necessitate bad games; there were plenty of good games on systems weaker than Wii. (And Wii U)

The worst port I've seen thus far was Ninja Gaiden 3 but the gameplay was superior to all of the other versions. The hardware will easily be out of reach for most companies to invest in downporting once the next gen HD Twins hit the ground running. I understand that there are plenty of great games weaker than the Wii (in the case of the PS2, Xbox GC generation which the Wii was more akin to) and the Wii U (which is more akin to the PS3 & 360). The reasoning for that was either politics (EA), lack of ability to bring out the best in new engines (Epic) and ultimately as Bethesda said themselves "The time for convincing third party developers port to the Wii U is over because the box is out." (loose quote from how I remember it. You can use that quote in a search engine.

Every PS360 to Wii U port so far has either been late, not taken advantage of the hardware, had missing features, or a combination of these. This reinforced the mistrust Nintendo gamers were conditioned throughout the Wii gen to feel.

Ghosts, which is the topic here, is on 360 and PS3, so there's no excuse for the Wii U port to be late.

LOL Mistrust that Nintendo gamers are forced to feel? LOL You get late ports because Nintendo sucks at communication, plain and simple. 

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
curl-6 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
curl-6 said:

Iknow what you're saying from a port perspective, and I do not take issue with, say, Besthesda not making a Wii version of Skyrim.

What I take issue with is ports from PS360 to Wii U being poor, or the low quality of the games they do make for the systems. Hardware doesn't necessitate bad games; there were plenty of good games on systems weaker than Wii. (And Wii U)

The worst port I've seen thus far was Ninja Gaiden 3 but the gameplay was superior to all of the other versions. The hardware will easily be out of reach for most companies to invest in downporting once the next gen HD Twins hit the ground running. I understand that there are plenty of great games weaker than the Wii (in the case of the PS2, Xbox GC generation which the Wii was more akin to) and the Wii U (which is more akin to the PS3 & 360). The reasoning for that was either politics (EA), lack of ability to bring out the best in new engines (Epic) and ultimately as Bethesda said themselves "The time for convincing third party developers port to the Wii U is over because the box is out." (loose quote from how I remember it. You can use that quote in a search engine.

Every PS360 to Wii U port so far has either been late, not taken advantage of the hardware, had missing features, or a combination of these. This reinforced the mistrust Nintendo gamers were conditioned throughout the Wii gen to feel.

Ghosts, which is the topic here, is on 360 and PS3, so there's no excuse for the Wii U port to be late.

LOL Mistrust that Nintendo gamers are forced to feel? LOL You get late ports because Nintendo sucks at communication, plain and simple. 

No, we get late ports because developers are lazy and want  to make a cheap cash grab by repackaging old games.

But Nintendo needs to tell them not to be lazy on their version otherwise how will they know?

it's Nintendos responsibility

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

curl-6 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

No, we get late ports because developers are lazy and want  to make a cheap cash grab by repackaging old games.

Yes...developers who are forced to downport, or make exclusive content exclusively for one brand because of their way of doing business while having bad communication skills. Yes...it's definitely because their lazy, or Nintendo isn't paying them for extra content so they are going to have to wait. Yes? No? Maybe?

I actually liked certain features of Black Ops 2 on Wii U. If they do a good job, I would consider buying this over the PS4 version.

Off screen splitscreen was the shit.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
curl-6 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Yes...developers who are forced to downport, or make exclusive content exclusively for one brand because of their way of doing business while having bad communication skills. Yes...it's definitely because their lazy, or Nintendo isn't paying them for extra content so they are going to have to wait. Yes? No? Maybe?

You do not need to downport 360/PS3 games for Wii U.

There is no excuse for games like Assassin's Creed 4 and Ghosts being late on Wii U, except for third party incompetence.