By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - NEW Forza5 direct feed gameplay 1080p and 60fps of glorious driving heaven.

Tagged games:

DerNebel said:
Alright guys, no reason to gang up on me like that. I get it, for you this game is amazing, for me it looks like just another racer with IMO noticeable but not significantly better graphics. Different people, different opinions. I just thought someone could tell me what looks so amazingly next gen about this game to them. But, oh well I'm out.

Sorry i did not read you previous post on the matter, i completely agree with you.

If nobody told me i would have tought it was running on a Xbox 360.

Around the Network

Eh I'm not feeling it, especially with this video. Other ones have impressed me more.

It's looking pretty similar to Horizon if my memory serves me correct. Will it have better image quality than that game? Of course, it's full HD at 60fps. However look at Dead Rising 2 and 3 for a comparison. (please find me better pics if they exist. I haven't played either game. Killzone 3 vs Shadow Fall would have been a better comparison since it's  a jump from 720 to 1080 just like Forza while DR3 has a smaller resolution bump but I wanted to keep this on the xbox side of things for obvious reasons.)

The new one has much better image quality and better graphics. Here's both pics scaled down to just 499 by 280.

With both at the same image quality, Dead Rising 3 still looks tons better.

I'm just not seeing why you guys are jumping on this video thinking it looks amazing. It looks like a hi res Horizon to me.

(which will make for awesome graphics, but not omg my eyeballs graphics)

Plus this video was much more impressive looking: http://www.gamersyde.com/news_forza_5_gameplay_video-14670_en.html

I wanna see a Forza Horizon 2 with these graphics.

Looks incredible. The detail is insane. Look at the stitching on the wheel. The different types of leather. You can actually see the different surfaces. The cars look amazing. And finally a lighting system that looks like our eyes. Not like watching an onboard camera from a car.

Thats always bugged me. Life is full of colour. Yet driving sims have always felt the need to make the cockpit view look colourless, oversaturated black shadows like you get on an onboard cam car. Finally someone realised thats not how it looks from our eyes.

Stunning environments.

This is a massive step up on current gen in every aspect.

And thats before we have even got to the physics. Which have Alot more processing available than games like Forza 4 or GT6.

Cant wait. Day 1 right here.

DerNebel said:
Alright guys, no reason to gang up on me like that. I get it, for you this game is amazing, for me it looks like just another racer with IMO noticeable but not significantly better graphics. Different people, different opinions. I just thought someone could tell me what looks so amazingly next gen about this game to them. But, oh well I'm out.

I get where your coming from, most of the improvements are just superficial, apart from the new physics system. It would of been nice to see some new sim features rather than just improving the ones that were there, like dynamic weather, or even any weather. 

Im sure whats there is great and anyway its a launch title, like pretty much all launch titles they will of been on very tight schedules just to get out on time. Weve seen 2 casualties of not being ready on time last week, and i will not be shocked if theres more to come. 

Around the Network
Xenostar said:
DerNebel said:

I get where your coming from, most of the improvements are just superficial, apart from the new physics system. It would of been nice to see some new sim features rather than just improving the ones that were there, like dynamic weather, or even any weather. 

Im sure whats there is great and anyway its a launch title, like pretty much all launch titles they will of been on very tight schedules just to get out on time. Weve seen 2 casualties of not being ready on time last week, and i will not be shocked if theres more to come. 

Trouble is console sims didnt have the normal stuff down right, so Id rather get that right first. Every driving sim so far Ive played has had bad dynamic weather in terms of physics feel. They just make it slipprier. They do not take into any consideration involving slight aqua plane then regripping then losing it. Which can happen 10 times in one turn. 

Which is what Turn 10 said the reason is why they wont do it yet. The systems last gen werent ready. And they were rigt from what I played of the games with dynamic weather. It was just like painting a track with an even amount of oil.

Also racing apart from very slect few races happen at night. That is not a necessity in a Sim Racer. Otherwise it bacomes more a fantasy racer. 

Weather would be good. But Turn 10 listen veeerrrryyy carefully. If you put it in with the crap physics that others have done before for wet tracks I will personally kill you. Done.

Wait to get the physics data spot on. Propeer aqua planeing and surface physics effects. Patience. Theres a reason people like Forza. And its not for Gimmicks.

Wait to get the physics data spot on. Propeer aqua planeing and surface physics effects. Patience. Theres a reason people like Forza. And its not for Gimmicks.

Not landscape graphics or car aliasing either

has it been confirmed that the full game will ship on disk? or will you have to download the remaining game data when you get home!

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

JoeTheBro said:

Eh I'm not feeling it, especially with this video. Other ones have impressed me more.

It's looking pretty similar to Horizon if my memory serves me correct. Will it have better image quality than that game? Of course, it's full HD at 60fps. However look at Dead Rising 2 and 3 for a comparison. (please find me better pics if they exist. I haven't played either game. Killzone 3 vs Shadow Fall would have been a better comparison since it's  a jump from 720 to 1080 just like Forza while DR3 has a smaller resolution bump but I wanted to keep this on the xbox side of things for obvious reasons.)

The new one has much better image quality and better graphics. Here's both pics scaled down to just 499 by 280.

With both at the same image quality, Dead Rising 3 still looks tons better.

I'm just not seeing why you guys are jumping on this video thinking it looks amazing. It looks like a hi res Horizon to me.

(which will make for awesome graphics, but not omg my eyeballs graphics)

Plus this video was much more impressive looking: http://www.gamersyde.com/news_forza_5_gameplay_video-14670_en.html

Might not be as big of a jump while comparing Dead Rising 2-3, however it is still fairly impressive in detail when comparing forza 4-5. 

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

I wonder how many would care for lighting if they didn't read somewhere else it's prebaked